PDA

View Full Version : strange happenings

tomtytom
12th Dec 2013, 10:05
You can pass on to all the children that a large plump gentleman with a beard came in yesterday for his 3 take off and landings currency check with 1 at night and some ir practise. His short field/roof technique was perfect.

Cue easa jokes......

VH-UFO
12th Dec 2013, 10:51
He's red right?

He's in charge right?

He's a plump fuc&$r right?

Sounds like a certain CEO of an OZ Airline!

Tell the kids he might not make christmas then; grounded.

trident3A
12th Dec 2013, 14:36
The four ages of man

You believe in Santa
You don't believe in Santa
You are Santa
You look like Santa

riverrock83
12th Dec 2013, 16:05
Now he had all of his lights in the correct place - steady green on one side and red on the other, with a single white light at the back and a flashing red light on the top? Hope he didn't just have a single red light on the front. That really would really give the EASA guys a thumping heart beat!

FlyingOfficerKite
12th Dec 2013, 16:24
I've checked and Santa's sleigh is non-EASA, so no issues there!

I hope the 'runway' was icy otherwise I imagine there could be some damage from the sleigh's runners during the touch and goes?!

The issue as far as I was concerned as a child was how Santa managed to visit all the children of the World in one night?! - then my Father explained that due to the rotation of the Earth 'night' lasted a whole day! That explained that then!

:)

Skycop
12th Dec 2013, 18:03
Please, please PLEASE. Let's not have that shotgun and "engine failure on takeoff" joke. Ever again.

coldair
13th Dec 2013, 14:59
SORRY :cool:

With the number of airline disasters lately, the FAA now sends an inspector to the North Pole to check out Santa Claus's sleigh before allowing him to fly on Christmas eve.

The inspector arrives and checks the reindeer and they look good, he checks the harness and it looks okay, he checks the sleigh and it is also okay. Then he says, "Santa, lets take it up for a check ride and if everything looks good I'll certify you to fly."

Santa hitches the reindeer up and taxis onto the runway and just as he's starting his takeoff roll he looks over and notices the inspector has a pump shotgun on his lap. "Hey! Whats the shotgun for!?" Santa yells.
The inspector says, "Well, Santa, I'm really not supposed to tell you this, but there is going to be an engine failure on takeoff."

coldair :ok:

Jan Olieslagers
13th Dec 2013, 16:51
Good story - but are you sure the FAA has authority at the place named?
They might try to stop/check him when entering their area, of course.

FlyingOfficerKite
13th Dec 2013, 16:57
but there is going to be an engine failure on takeoff

Well at least you won't here Santa say 'one of my donkeys quit'.

BN2A
13th Dec 2013, 20:35
Does Santa Claus really exist? And if he does, how does he manage the seemingly impossible task of delivering presents to the world's Christmas-celebrating good little girls and boys in a single chilly December night? This question has stirred the imagination and emotions of much of the earth's population and calls for an objective analysis.

Santa's first obstacle is that no known species of reindeer can fly. However, scientists estimate that out of the earth's roughly 2 million species of living organisms, 300,000 or so have yet to be classified. So, even though most of these undiscovered species are insects and germs, we can't rule out the possibility that a species of flying reindeer does, in fact, exist. And that no one besides Santa has ever seen one.

A bigger obstacle for Santa is that there are 2 billion children under the age of 18 in the world. Fortunately, Santa needs to deliver presents only to those who have been good. But at an average rate of 3.5 children per household, Santa has a backbreaking 91.8 million homes to visit on any Christmas Eve.

Thanks to the rotation of the earth, Santa has 31 hours of Christmas Eve darkness to visit all these homes if he travels from east to west. Unfortunately, this still works out to 822.6 visits per second. So, for each household, Santa has just over a thousandth of a second to land, hop out of his sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the rest of the presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left out, get back up the chimney, climb back into the sleigh, and take off and fly to the next house.

How fast is Santa moving? Assuming all 91.8 million stops are spread evenly over the earth's land mass, Santa must travel 0.79 miles per household -- a total trip of 72,522,000 miles. Given the 31-hour time period, Santa's sleigh must maintain an average speed of 650 miles per second, or more than 3,000 times the speed of sound.

Let's take a closer look at Santa's vehicle. First of all, assuming a not-overly-generous 2 pounds of presents per child, the sleigh must still be able to carry a load of 321,000 tons -- plus an overweight Santa. On land, a reindeer can't pull more than 300 pounds of freight, and even assuming that flying reindeer could pull 10 times that amount, Santa's massive sleigh has to be drawn by 214,200 beasts. Assuming a mean length between harnesses (at 2 abreast) of 6 feet, they would create a chain approximately 121.7 miles long and increase the weight of the overall Santa payload to 353,430 tons.

As for Santa, he will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa will be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,375,015 pounds of force (after we deduct his weight).

Now, 350,000 tons of reindeer and presents are going to create an enormous amount of air resistance, -- especially at 650 miles per second. This air resistance will heat the reindeer such that the lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each, causing them to ignite almost instantly and thereby exposing the reindeer behind them to the thermal blast. All 214,200 reindeer will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second.

So even though the existence of Santa Claus may seem highly improbable, we continue to hold out the hope that Santa is as much a part of reality as we are. And if Santa does exist, and if he dares to step onto his sleigh and take to the night skies on Christmas Eve, we suspect he'll have enough of an adventure to last another 365 days. (If he's still alive).

:oh:

RatherBeFlying
14th Dec 2013, 03:28
50vE47DGEy4

fireflybob
14th Dec 2013, 06:59
I hope Santa is carrying his (EASA) licence with him if he gets a ramp check.....

m.Berger
14th Dec 2013, 21:15
Oh! So it is keeping straight on take off that makes you need the blue pills.
Wondered why we PPL types didn't need 'em.

piperboy84
14th Dec 2013, 21:17
I pleaded last year, and i will do it again this year and every year till i get them

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/505906-dear-santa.html#post7648305

mad_jock
15th Dec 2013, 07:48
I always like the NORAD Santa tracking thing.

It gets better and better every year.

I have introduced virtually every country I have been in during the Christmas period to it.

Doesn't matter what religion the kids are they just love it.

And reading the history of how it all came about is quite moving considering the time and effort it all takes.

glider12000
16th Dec 2013, 18:48
At least you can send him a compliant flight plan to your home: http://santa.rocketroute.com/