PDA

View Full Version : Info for J32 type-rating.

flaps35
10th Dec 2013, 20:52
Hi guys,
There is a little chance for me to get a job with the type-rating J32.
I have searched but could not find sufficient information about it.
I am in possession of JAA license,Cpl,Me/Ir.
AIS Airlines in the Netherlands provides the type-ratining J32 only for their own students.
So if you have more information for me would be very nice.

Thanks in advance.

EMB-145LR
11th Dec 2013, 03:26
Call Sky Express in Greece, they used to do ratings back when I flew the Jetscream!

girlpower
11th Dec 2013, 07:07
I also emailed AIS regarding the rating. They asked within hours of my email whether it was for a prospective FO or Capt position. Soon as I told them it was for a FO position they ignored all future emails.

Really odd.

wheel barrow
11th Dec 2013, 07:37
Oxford/CAE do it, they don't have the J32 listed on their website but ground school is done in Manchester, sim in Stockholm.

girlpower
11th Dec 2013, 08:16
Thanks wheel barrow.

mad_jock
11th Dec 2013, 08:25
AIS now have the SIM and are using it to process their cadets into airline jobs.

They process them into there own AOC for a year or provide them free to the other operators.

The getting finance for new students is linked to how many of their graduates are placed into airlines.

So they will not allow the sim to be even used by another TRTO for a type rating of an FO.

There was a rumour that links air had got approval for a TRTO using the aircraft. But I haven't heard of anyone getting a first multicrew turbine type rating off them so they might have restrictions. Under EASA if there is a sim available your meant to use it.

But Direkflug in Sweden is stopping its own flying and has made all its pilots redundant. I think there is 20 FO's and 20 captains.

There are a couple of jobs about which always seem to come up in the Jetstream world and none of the established crew will touch them with a barge pole. There is a long list of people who have turned up and then departed again sometimes by return flight. Even the AIS students won't accept a placement there.

Personally I would advise any low hour CPL/IR that gets propositioned for a job under EASA rules which involves getting an EASA rating to forget it. Your playing with big money flight school politics.

girlpower
11th Dec 2013, 08:47
MJ

Thanks for the very informative reply.

I guess the Links Air position is a pipe dream then with redundant FOS from Sweden with hours on type getting first choice. Sigh..... fair play to them though. Awful time to lose a job.

flaps35
11th Dec 2013, 13:23
Hi guys,

Thanks to all all of you for the information.

flaps35
12th Dec 2013, 20:08
Hi guys here an explanation why type-rating J32.

A Little company is looking for a Captain and First Officer for the j32.
The intention of the company is They need as first a Captain for the J32 or someone who can be upgraded as Captain.After this they need a First/Officer , and the Chief Pilot told me that there is a great chance for me to get the First/Officer job.I have not to pay for the type-rating i will be payed for the job and not vice versa (p2f) so guys please wait untill you get a job which is a real job that they pays you and not you pay them.
Just like all of you i hope and pray to get a job.
DO NEVER A TYPE-RATING EXCEPT A JOB IS OFFERD TO YOU OTHERWISE IT IS WASTED TIME AND MONEY.

Luke SkyToddler
13th Dec 2013, 00:09
So there's seriously no way to get a J31/32 rating at all now? Unless you train ab initio with this AIS outfit? That's insane.

Jock you say that under CAA rules "if there's a sim available you're supposed to use it" but we always used to do our recurrents in the aircraft didnt we, and the CAA obviously had no problem. Do our old mates AM and LC still have examiner privileges in it?

If these AIS guys have the only J32 sim in the world and they won't share it with others, then surely the CAA would have to accept a type rating done in the aircraft. Wouldn't be cheap but ...

mad_jock
13th Dec 2013, 00:56
Its an EASA rule Luke.

I think they will do Captain ratings but that's seems pretty much it for EASA ratings anyway. Even if the Sim dies I don't think anyone has a TRTO out there for on aircraft ratings.

Africa they do them on the aircraft.

There is a sim in the US but it lost its approval years a go pre-jar.

The days of doing a 9k rating went as soon as the sim moved from ARN. Apparently the last two months before they closed it up there they were running night shifts to get everyone through training that wanted it.

There are a couple of jobs about which always seem to come up in the Jetstream world and none of the established crew will touch them with a barge pole.

Flaps35 if they are struggling to get a Captain and they are in the EU or just outside it what does that tell you?

Luke SkyToddler
13th Dec 2013, 07:34
I know for sure there's still a few J31/32s flying back in my old stomping ground New Zealand - plus a couple of charter outfits in Oztralia - could be worth contacting them and seeing how they do their type rating training?

I have no idea if it would work or not but if you could get the TRTO stuff done down there, you might be able to do some circuits in the plane back in Europe and get it on your licence.

Vincent Aviation are the main Jetstream operator back in NZ

mad_jock
25th Dec 2013, 10:43
Highland never had its own TRTO it always used BAe TRTO to my knowledge.

They used to do the bumps regularly though.

I have flown with some of the lads from Iceland but Í think they did thier ratings at BAe on the sim in woodford before it moved.

captain.weird
25th Dec 2013, 13:21
AIS owns the single J32 sim!

Pay 40k or forget it.

mad_jock
26th Dec 2013, 17:36
No FO will be allowed to use the sim for a type rating end of story unless they have gone through the AIS intergrated course.

If there is someone stupid enough to pay 40k the price will just go up even if its not a EASA rating thats required.

The current situation is that people enquire about a type rating when the question is asked about what seat, if the reply is RHS then no further response will be given.

flaps35
13th Feb 2014, 08:59
HI GUYS,

I am now very desperated,it is for me NOW OR NEVER.
I need type-rating J32,does anyone has more information about it.
USA is allso an option,so please guys come on.

greetings

Dan the weegie
13th Feb 2014, 10:06
I would make it never. It is a dead rating.

The only way to get the rating on your EASA licence is to do it with AIS as far as I know but they apparently refuse to do FO ratings. The only way to be sure is to go and see them in leylstadt and tell them where you will be working.

The other way is to convert your EASA cpl/ir and do an FAA rating with flight safety in st louis, but you will not be able to fly an EASA airline with this.

Or keep the money, which is the best option.

mad_jock
13th Feb 2014, 10:06
Sun-Air of Scandinavia - business aircraft TRTO training (http://www.handbook.aero/hb_trainingpage.html?recnum=122696)

Try there but I suspect you might hit issues.

I was speaking to their TRE a few weeks ago and they still have the TRTO but its sim only so your going to be banging your head again.

The only other thing you can do is complain to the NL authorities about a monopoly preventing you getting a rating.

flaps35
14th Feb 2014, 12:18
Hi guys

Thanks to all of you.
I have received an e-mail that the company has arranged the TRTO for the type-rating a huge relief.

By the way I thanks all of you again,and I will keep you informed about the developments.

Greetings

Luke SkyToddler
15th Feb 2014, 01:32
Just out of interest flaps35 where did you finally arrange to do the rating? Did you manage to talk some sense into AIS?

flaps35
17th Feb 2014, 13:44
I do not have received the details about it,I am waiting for the invitement.
When I have more information I will share it with you.
By the way to day I have received the details about the copmpany benefits it looks awsem.

Greetings:ok:

flaps35
6th Mar 2014, 10:46
Hi guys this I have found on their website,they will get a j31 simulator. Crew Training
Links Air are pleased to offer Type Rating courses for flight crews on the Jetstream 31/32 aircraft. Comprehensive ground school, 12 hours aircraft handling and flight test are all conducted at our base in Humberside.

From Early 2014, Links Air will also have a Jetstream 31 simulator available for training as well.

(http://www.linksair.co.uk/special-offer-2/)

joaocastro
6th May 2014, 18:50
Flaps, can you please tell me if you know the total price for the type rating?

Regards