PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft rental in Orlando.

Scott_T
10th Dec 2013, 18:06
Hi ,

I will be in Orlando over x-mas and I was hoping to take some friends flying I have renewed my FAA medical and have an FAA ppl I have only flown pistons during training been jets ever since.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a good place to do a check out with an instructor and then hopefully allow me to rent their aircraft around the Orlando area appreciate all help

Tinstaafl
11th Dec 2013, 11:56
Trax Air are at Orlando Executive. Closed xmas & new years day but can arrange for a plane to be available on those days if desired.

Plenty of other schools around: There is another school at Exec. Also schools at Orlando Kissimmee, Orlando Apopka, Daytona, Merritt Island etc.

Disclaimer: I manage the charter side of Trax Air.

Booglebox
11th Dec 2013, 18:38
Sunstate at ISM are excellent. :cool:

eckhard
12th Dec 2013, 20:45
Sunstate +1

Recommend David Blakeney or Joe Suarez. Both excellent instructors.
They also have a facility at Winterhaven. Check out Jack Brown's seaplane school while you're there!

elenten
14th Dec 2013, 20:48
Hello

Early Jan I will be in Orlando for a week for business, fortunately I managed to have some days to do some flying. I am trying to search for a good place to get some instruction and rent a Cessna 172 for only 2 or 3 days. i can only find schools that do a full package no seperate rentals...

Anybody some good suggestions? also if there would be tailwheel planes would be even better (like to learn to fly those)

DreFlyer
16th Dec 2013, 20:43
Second that! They're also part of the OpenAirplane network, which means that a "universal" checkout with them will allow you to rent from other US locations in the network without having to get checked out again for one year . . . I think renter's insurance is required but then again it's a very good idea to have it regardless of who you rent from. Enjoy flying in Florida :ok:

Booglebox
17th Dec 2013, 19:15
I knew about the one-year checkout thing but not about the network - that is awesome! :cool:

Scott_T
18th Dec 2013, 22:11
Is insurance not included in the hourly rate?