PDA

View Full Version : Bloodborne Pathogens Training

clydemoses781
10th Dec 2013, 10:14
Does anyone know how often you need to take an OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Training Course?

Ulster
10th Dec 2013, 16:41
Does anyone know how often you need to take an OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Training Course?

Don't even know what most of that means, never mind how often you take it !

Is this a course which you are saying should be undertaken by pilots or aircrew ?

MarkerInbound
10th Dec 2013, 18:25
Yearly.

I'd say mainly for accident investigators and first responders.

The standard places requirements on employers whose workers can be reasonably anticipated to contact blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM), such as unfixed human tissues and certain body fluids.

Radgirl
10th Dec 2013, 18:29
And what are you supposed to do when you do come across such substances? The mind boggles

Daysleeper
10th Dec 2013, 21:09
And what are you supposed to do when you do come across such substances?

Understand what the risks are and how to work without exposing yourself to unreasonable levels of risk.

Radgirl
11th Dec 2013, 17:07
In all seriousness, we assume all blood and tissue is an infection risk and use universal precautions. ie dont touch it except with gloves, and clean it up.

Now I can see that a 'training company' can make a good living teaching 747 captains how to mop the floor once but are pilots and engineers so daft they have to be reminded yearly???

In medicine, companies that run courses, conferences and training have done very well.

gingernut
23rd Dec 2013, 21:25
747 pilots are probably "too posh to mop."

Yes, the world has gone mad, I haven't met many people who have caught a blood borne disease when they've taken the basic precautions- covering cuts, washing hands well etc.

Mandatory training providers, are, I'm sure, doing very well.

cavortingcheetah
23rd Dec 2013, 21:36
There's a great deal of evidence to show that vampirism is in fact a blood born pathogen.

gingernut
23rd Dec 2013, 22:44
Cavorting.. it's only the opinion of one man, (Class 5 evidence.)

Even if it's an expert, then it's still grade 5. :-(