PDA

View Full Version : Apply To Wizz and FR with MCC/JOC in progress

aless85
7th Dec 2013, 18:25
Hello all...

Looking for some advice/opinion

I have recently finished all my licenses but I will do the MCC/JOC in a few weeks, Would you advise on applying to Wizzair and Ryanair saying that you will be making the course in the following weeks or wait to have finish it before applying?

Thanks!

Metlik
7th Dec 2013, 18:42
When you filling the application (at least for wizz) you have to attach the scans of your MCC and JOC certificates. So, I think is better to finish this courses and then proceed with application. If you will apply without them, you'll get negative answer and will be able to re-apply after one year only :(

b737air
7th Dec 2013, 19:01
Hi!

I suggest you complete the MCC and JOC before you apply and that's because you will be taken into consideration at the moment they will assess your application.
If you write that you are about to complete the MCC/JOC, sounds like a lie to me and they may not return to your application again. This is just my opinion.
On the other hand, I do not understand why are they asking for a JOC? (in case of Wizz Air)
They mentioned that is a requirement from Airbus to start the Type Rating but :mad: why is required for the interview? They should call you for an interview and if you are successful, then go and complete it.
Good luck!

PS: How to be a millionaire in aviation? Star as a billionaire!

Dash8driver1312
8th Dec 2013, 00:02
As above, but also, please tell me you are applying elsewhere too!

justasmallfire
8th Dec 2013, 06:28
I think the only reason these companies are asking for these before applying is for their HR people to reduce overall number of applicants and their own workload(probably from 10k to something like 4000), sure extra sim hours on a jet before doing a type rating may help a bit but the extra expense would be better spent on the actual sim type being flown in the first place.Wasting your money just to meet application requirements is crazy.Your probably find even for these unrated positions theres alot of guys rated with hours on type applying too.

MichaelPL
9th Dec 2013, 13:18
When you filling the application (at least for wizz) you have to attach the scans of your MCC and JOC certificates.

Metlik

when did you file your Wizz application? I filed mine around a month ago and nowhere did it say that I need to include scans of anything. There were just blanks to fill on the kinds and dates of completed courses.

Nothing at all about scans of licenses, medicals, or course completion certificates.
Wondering whether they changed it or I missed something (although I did re-read the thing probably a couple of dozen times before sending it ;) )

immelmann87
9th Dec 2013, 13:39
MichaelPL, in my opinion it is not a strict requirement to add anything besides the Pilot Data Sheet, however it is in Your best interest to prove Your qualifications and gather the attention of the person reviewing Your application (this is the reason that You have so many additional attachments slots in the application page). It is up to You what You will put there (CV, cover letter, JOC scan, etc.).

Metlik
9th Dec 2013, 14:25
MichaelPL: this is exactly as immelmann87 said. Without MCC and JOC I've got "automated (?) kick off" :(

virtualaviation
18th Dec 2013, 08:43
We have found that Airlines such as Wizzair and Jet2 require a completed JOC to apply. The only airline that does not require a completed JOC is Ryanair.
We have a number of students with upcoming interviews coming to our site at Cambridge to practice for the sim assessment. Students are even booking on to our JOC for 10 hours of prep before a sim assessment as our simulator is a Boeing 737-800!

Jean-Francois
20th Dec 2013, 19:47
In fact to be correct... it was written:

Before an interview date is offered, all minimum requirements must be met. Interviews will no longer be offered with items missing from the requirements (eg MCC certificate, JOC certificate, etc.). If not annotated on the licence, a certificate will be required as proof of having completed ATPL theory subjects.

It does not mean that they won't screen your file! If your JOC is pending and that you will get it in few weeks I guess it does not change a lot!

For sure Wizz HR are busy dealing with the applications but if you ticked 'yes' for all the requirements you will pass the first check! Then of course they might only take into consideration the ones which are 100 % ready!

Wizz is going to hire around 140 pilots for the next 12 months... 2014 is going to be (finally) a better year in aviation!

cefey
21st Dec 2013, 05:55
E-mail from Wizz-Air.

"... Please also note that due to large numbers of applications, the DEC and cadet first officer (non-type rated) positions are now on hold until Autumn 2014."