PDA

View Full Version : hours IR CPL ?

mr.piloot
7th Dec 2013, 18:12
Hey guys,

maybe this is the dummest question i have ever asked, but i'm going to do it any way :ugh: :D

I have a PPL ( jaa ) and i'm in an modular IFR course, in that course i fly (S)PIC IFR hours ( with FI but hours are logged as PIC in the logbook)

Do these pic hours also count to the requirements of the 100 PIC for the CPL ? :8

Genghis the Engineer
7th Dec 2013, 22:43
Unless that FI is just a passenger along for the fun, those hours are dual, not PIC.

You can log time under the hood as "sole reference to instruments" time, but it's still dual.

OhNoCB
8th Dec 2013, 00:15
As GtE has said, for you the hours with an instructor are either PIC if instructor is merely a passenger and not instructing in any way or Dual (/ P/ut), if the instructor is providing instruction in any way shape or form.

SPIC is only to be logged by students under an approved integrated course.

The other function which you may encounter (you should have already for your PPL skills test) is PICUS, which can be logged only under 2 circumstances. The first one which will apply to you is if you successfully complete a skills test/reval/renewal with an examiner (if you fail it back to Dual or P/ut). The second is under an operator approved scheme normally for the purpose of upgrading.

In short: You should not be logging SPIC! All your flying for CPL and ME/IR should be dual or p/ut until you pass a skills test, for which the test flight can be logged as PICUS!

mr.piloot
8th Dec 2013, 07:17
thank you for pointing me this out, it's very helpfull.

the thing is that my situation is complicated, i started integrated but didn't complete in time with the flight training.
So i "stepped over " to modular, those SPIC hours i was talking about where flown in the integrated course. When i see in my school's modular ifr course stylabus then al those hours are dual, in the integrated is this spic, so this makes sence.

Nevertheless, those SPIC ifr hours are in my logbook, maybe it's time to contact the CAA about this subject.

ps. my school gives the integrated students the chance to do the ppl checkride, this is the reason i have a ppl.

Thank's for spending time on this