PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR flight test costs in other European countries?

Contacttower
6th Dec 2013, 22:46
So in the UK both the IR and the CPL initials are £785 a time for the flight test with the licence application fee on top of that.

Can people tell me what the flight test fees cost in other European countries? France, Germany etc?

I know in the US typical examiner fee would be about $400-450 for initial IR.

hvogt
7th Dec 2013, 14:13
Contacttower

The German fees are listed in the Appendix to Section 2 Paragraph 1 of the Order Regulating Fees of the Aeronautical Administration (Kostenverordnung der Luftfahrtverwaltung - LuftkostV), which can be found here (http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/luftkostv/anlage_13.html).

The list doesn't seem to be available in English, so I've briefly translated the relevant items for you below. Note that the fees for the skill tests do not include any allowance for the examiner. As far as ranges are given, it is likely the actual fee will be based on the authority's discretion. In 2010, I had to pay 160 EUR for the MEP class rating (i.e. for the skill test) and 60 EUR for entering the rating in the licence. III. Examinations and Checks of Aeronautical and Air Traffic Control Personnel for Licences and Ratings 3. Commercial Pilots CPL(A) a) Administration of Theory Exam: 300 EUR

b) Administration of Skill Test: 130 EUR
4. Air Transport Pilots ATP(A) a) Administration of Theory Exam: 570 EUR
b) Administration of Skill Test: 190 EUR
13. Class and Type Ratings or Proficiency Checks: 50 to 350 EUR

14. Instrument Rating a) Administration of Theory Exam: 310 EUR
b) Administration of Skill Test: 140 EUR
IV. Licences, Pilot Licences, Registrations and Ratings for Aeronautical and Air Traffic Control Personnel 1. Granting of Licences and Pilot Licences for Aeronautical Personnel including Class and Type Ratings to be entered concurrently: 50 to 70 EUR

3. Granting of Class and Type Ratings: 40 to 100 EUR

4. Granting of an Instrument Rating: 40 to 100 EUR

19. First Entry of Proof of Language Proficiency in Licence or Issue of seperate Certificate: 15 to 35 EUR

Contacttower
7th Dec 2013, 16:27
Thanks a lot, that is just the sort of information I am looking for.

Contacttower
7th Dec 2013, 19:06
Anyone point me in the direction of French fees?

Think I've found them...any others? Spain, Italy?

Duchess_Driver
9th Dec 2013, 20:02
OOI, here are the Irish ones... .

https://www.iaa.ie/fees

Obviously, these don't include hire of the aircraft for test.

BigGrecian
10th Dec 2013, 14:41
OOI, here are the Irish ones... .

https://www.iaa.ie/fees

Obviously, these don't include hire of the aircraft for test.

They don't include the examiner's fee or travel expenses either - which actually make the IAA fee total higher than the UK CAA!

Metlik
10th Dec 2013, 19:54
Poland guys, only Poland. I made my CPL and ME-IR skill tests there in January (with Bartolini Air) and I paid just for aircraft (BTW very reasonable price), there was zero exam fees! :ok: Especially there was a two separated flights.
But later I went home and paid to Latvian CAA 300 Eur - CPL license issue fee. It was a "golden piece of paper" :(
In Latvia exam fees (approx): SE-IR/ME-IR 150-200 Eur.

Gialluccio
10th Dec 2013, 23:26
Does somebody know if you have to pay the fi fee at the exam if you have already paid the fe fee?
Is there a rule about it?

maximus610
20th Dec 2013, 19:29
FE for both CPL ME/IR tests - 90.000ISK (aprox. 560€)

Transferring medical and ATPL theory verification (UK CAA to IS CAA) - 30.630ISK (aprox. 190€)

Administration fees (license issue + ratings endorsement) - 14.640ISK (aprox. 90€)

Got the license in ONE day!