PDA

View Full Version : CTC FLIGHT SCHOOL

kalsh
6th Dec 2013, 18:26
Hey guys I know this has probably been discussed many times before but i just wanted some advice and opinions.

Let me start off by introducing myself. I'm khushal just graduated in civil engineering from university with a 2:1 and also hold a PPL licence with around 100 hours.

I am now considering starting my commercial license as I aspire to become a commercial pilot. I have previously once applied to CTC through the MPL Qatar scheme in October 2013 where I was not successful; I was also not good enough to get onto the CTC wing Cadet scheme as they told me to try again in six months time.

However I was told that I might be considered for the CTC IPP course, which is the self, funded course costing roughly 100k. Upon comparing the two courses (CTC cadet and CTC IPP) I noticed a few difference such as Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPART),Multi Crew Cooperation Certificate (MCC during AQC),
Airline Jet Type Rating (subject to airline placement), which is not included in the IPP course.

What i want to know is, is it worth enrolling having read on previous threads that people on the CTC Wing cadet course have priority when it comes to getting a job with partnered airlines?

I would also like to know if anyone has enrolled onto the CTC IPP course and has got a job with any airline?