PDA

View Full Version : AW139 SP to MP conversion

Whirling Wizardry
6th Dec 2013, 08:46
Can anyone help shed some light with this situation?

EASA CPL with single-pilot IR on the AW139.
Ex-Mil with ATPL theory and MCC, previously held Mil procedural green rating.
Looking to add MP to the TR.

According to CAP804 only the skills test is required. The TRE needs to be endorsed by the UK CAA, apart from AW in Italy, is there anywhere else this could be achieved?

Regards,

WW

Hedski
6th Dec 2013, 11:17
Bond, CHC and Bristow all have MP 139 TRTO's and TRI/E's.

QTG
6th Dec 2013, 11:24
See AMC2 FCL.725(a) table (d) -

"Extend privileges on the same type rating from SPH to MPH (except for initial MP issue), or from MPH to SPH
2 hrs
Using FFS C/D: At least 1 hr helicopter and at least 3 hrs total"

That means 2 hours training plus LST.

Good luck finding anyone in the UK with MP ATO approval for the 139 for anyone other than their own employees.

Whirling Wizardry
6th Dec 2013, 11:57
Thanks for the replies so far. I'm awaiting a reply from AW and was wondering if anyone knew of another training provider with an appropriately approved TRE.

From CAP804 part O:

Flying Experience Credits
QMP(H)s who hold or have held an Operational Category with a Military Unrestricted Green Instrument Rating (Helicopter) to operate military multi-pilot helicopters, and who have satisfied the experience requirements for the issue of an ATPL for helicopters as set out in Subpart F and for an IR as set out in Subpart G of Annex 1 to the Regulation, are given full credit as regards the MCC and as regards the requirement to undergo a training course prior to undertaking the skill test(s) for the issue of an ATPL(H) with IR(H).
Applicants for the issue of a Part-FCL licence shall have fulfilled the experience requirements and prerequisites for the issue of a type rating as set out in Part-FCL Subpart H for the helicopter used for the test.
The skill test will be conducted by the holder of a Type Rating Examiner (TRE) certificate issued under Part-FCL.

Am I reading this wrong or does that state that credits are given for previous Mil experience to not undergo the min of 2hrs trg before the LST?

Hedski
6th Dec 2013, 12:10
As with any of the legal speak it's open to interpretation. I would agree that if you have satisfied those requirements, hours etc. whilst in an MSP position then you can apply to avail of all the credits mentioned. I would approach the training providers, they have been known to assist for a fee before. One are also short MP 139 rated people for certain south coast SAR bases so may be best to approach and offer to assist afterwards. Hint...

Whirling Wizardry
6th Dec 2013, 12:34
Thanks Hedski.

I've got a few fingers in pies so to speak. Time will tell what comes of it.

WW

QTG
6th Dec 2013, 12:52
WW. You said you wanted to upgrade your 109 TR from SP to MP. This requires the 2 hours of flight training described in the AMC, and is non-negotiable. The CAP 804 extract you quote refers to qualification for the ATPL Skills Test, and assumes you are already qualified MP on the type you wish to use for the test.
You can do a combined MP type rating and ATPL Skills test, but you must satisfy both sets of requirements first.