PDA

View Full Version : Pilot studies in oz region

Danieltorning
5th Dec 2013, 17:19
Hi there.
I am a Swedish private pilot thinking about going commercial. I nowadays fly in Sweden but lived in Sydney a few years back And absolutely love the place. I'm thinking of upgrading my ppl to cpl and was thinking I might do it in Sydney @basair
What does the market look like in oz?
What would be the best way to obtain cpl in oz?
any other schools to recommend?

Hard to get visa for job seeking after finished studieS?

tail wheel
5th Dec 2013, 17:22
Hard to get visa for job seeking after finished studieS?

If the CPL is your only qualification, a residential/work Visa is impossible.

loveflyingalways
5th Dec 2013, 21:22
CPL + A good all rounder?

Danieltorning
6th Dec 2013, 16:22
But if i obtain the cpl, plus me and ir is there no visa that allows you to stay in the country fort jobbseeking. if i study in oz won't i be allegeable to apply for a post-study work visa?

To get qualified for jobs what more than col ir me is required? Typerating? FI?

What way is the most common to try in oz?

Thanks again

Danieltorning
6th Dec 2013, 16:25
And there most be tips about other schools but basair?

tmpffisch
6th Dec 2013, 22:10
Daniel, you can come to Australia on a working visa, but can only stay for one year. It can be extended to two years by working in certain industries, but aviation is not one of them.

There is a very very low chance that you'll find any operator in Australia who will hire you on the basis of a working visa, especially if you've already wasted a lot of your time on the visa during training.

Being a pilot is not on the skilled occupation list, and they won't grant you a visa. There are more than enough brand new Australian pilots out there.

Africa could be a better solution for you.

mattyj
6th Dec 2013, 22:29
Are you a good looker braz?! I know a chick in Cabramatta who would marry ya for the citizenship quick as..Sharon..not bad..got a couple of kids but...