PDA

View Full Version : Challenging ROS

Bannock
3rd Dec 2013, 19:33
Hi guys,
I have just been advised to get out of Dodge before I am forced onto the new pension scheme. The problem is I am on a 2 year ROS that pushes me over the edge. Can anyone offer some pointers on how to challenge the ROS ?

Al R
3rd Dec 2013, 19:58
You would only be on '15 for a few months though - if the period isn't much in the grand scheme of things, is it worth the aggro challenging it?

Courtney Mil
3rd Dec 2013, 21:18
Anything earned before your forced transfer shouldn't be affected, should it?

Jacks Down
3rd Dec 2013, 23:19
Not sure about your reasoning there Bannock. The longer you stay the more pension you get. You don't loose anything you've currently earned when the scheme changes over. If pension is your only concern you should only leave if the job you are going to has a more generous scheme than AFPS 15.

Kitbag
4th Dec 2013, 05:30
2 things. What is the quality of your advice? Is it 'friend of a friend' or is it from a reputable professional? Secondly, if your employer has imposed ROS it's generally because he has invested in you, presumably giving additional transferrable skills.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Bannock
4th Dec 2013, 08:34
Kitbag,
The advice is from the AFPS and yes the RAF did invest in me, but long before NEM and a pension scheme that will prevent me collecting at age 55 was on the horizon.