PDA

View Full Version : Interview attire

ralph1
3rd Dec 2013, 08:02
Could all the hirer and firers out there help me out of a dilemma i'm in.
What do you wear to an interview at a company that's not a big organisation. Slacks, long sleeve collar, short sleeve collar. Any help would be appreciated.

Berealgetreal
3rd Dec 2013, 08:10
Sounds about right. I'd go long sleeve but that's just me. Just remember that presentation is part of that first impression. Make sure you have a belt and shoes that match and that your shoes are good ones. Make sure the clothes fit and well ironed. Loose the surfie beads and bright yellow watch. My two cents.

Capt Claret
3rd Dec 2013, 08:14
Not a hirer & firer but if I were, neat and professional presentation would be very important. Long versus short selves would be irrelevant to me but I'd expect a collared shirt, suitable tie, smart slacks or suit trousers. Jacket would be optional depending on weather and locale - for example I'd be surprised if any employer in the tropics would expect you to wear a jacket.

ralph1
3rd Dec 2013, 08:14
Male, GA small operator in the tropics. Slacks with pin stripes ok

Aussie Bob
3rd Dec 2013, 09:21
If it was me, I would be more than happy with basic pilots garb but no epaulettes thanks. Failing that, neat ironed cloths, shirt with collar. No tie, that is becoming "last century".

I ask myself but don't know why this is important but it helps. With me, you would lose points if you arrived in shorts. Dunno why either, but you would.

All that said, if you turned up in boardies, singlet and thongs and we clicked that would be fine too. Boardies, singlet and thongs would definitely get my attention :)

Ultralights
3rd Dec 2013, 09:25
neat ironed cloths i read that as , neat loin cloths.. :eek:

mtrench
3rd Dec 2013, 10:42
I used to wear nice shoes, pants and short sleeve collared shirt because i sweat to much in long sleeves in the tropics. Just look professional, no tie and presentable and there is no issue.. first impressions count, and rocking up in the tropics to a small operator in a suit looks just as weird as footy shorts, thongs and a polo.

LewC
3rd Dec 2013, 20:48
Be sure to cover up your tatts.

waren9
3rd Dec 2013, 22:56
i got taught a rule of thumb

to at least the standard and preferably better of what you would be wearing if you got the job.

if the uniform has a tie, dress trousers and shiny shoes, then at least this.