PDA

View Full Version : Airbus 340 not a lemon - official

VH-Cheer Up
3rd Dec 2013, 06:25
From Bloomberg (see whole article (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-12-02/airbus-to-customers-your-200-million-plane-is-not-a-lemon#r=read))

Two years after ending production of its A340 jet, Airbus is scrambling to persuade customers who bought the $200 million aircraft that they aren’t stuck with a gas-guzzling lemon.

Airbus (EAD:FP) marketing executives have scheduled a Dec. 4 meeting in London with representatives of airlines and leasing companies that purchased the A340. The goal, according to analysts briefed on the event, is to reassure customers they can still resell or lease their A340s, even though the plane was discontinued in part because it can’t match the fuel efficiency of two-engine models that are increasingly popular among airlines.

An Airbus spokeswoman confirmed that the company will hold an A340 marketing event in London this week but said she did not have additional details.

ironbutt57
3rd Dec 2013, 08:22
All the brewers/canners from Milwaukee will be there...should be a good sale:}

LiveryMan
3rd Dec 2013, 08:29
Any plane you have to offer to pay the fuel difference for to try and get sales is a lemon - Official. :}

ATC Watcher
3rd Dec 2013, 09:34
I know of a few airlines that would love to get their hands on 340-600s once the sanctions are lifted :E

VH-Cheer Up
3rd Dec 2013, 09:41
What sanctions?

ZFT
3rd Dec 2013, 10:10
Iran I would imagine?

kbrockman
3rd Dec 2013, 10:10
If Iran can buy on the regular open market again it is by no means certain they won't buy both from Boeing and Airbus, A330 or B777 iso A345/6.
I really see no serious takers apart from some charter companies or governments for the big 4 engined A340's, the A343 has probably more potential than the A345/6 in the resale or leasing market.
Things might even be worse for the A380 and B744/8 a decade from now.

sam dilly
3rd Dec 2013, 10:13
Enormous number of A340's stored at Lourdes.
Somebody hoping for a miracle ?

captjns
3rd Dec 2013, 10:32
All the brewers/canners from Milwaukee will be there...should be a good salehttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Too much in the way of composites for Gillette and Budweiser to make any use of the hulls:(

Not even any good for artificial reefs either

SpringHeeledJack
3rd Dec 2013, 11:42
Not even any good for artificial reefs either

Perhaps with a coating of some sort to allow/encourage the underwater flora to attach to the composite elements ?

SHJ

Wannabe Flyer
4th Dec 2013, 08:37
With Hotel prices going thru the roof in DXB and with the expo coming I should imagine this could be a choice...

Dutch hotelier transforms disused Soviet aircraft into luxurious hotel suite | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2284207/Dutch-hotelier-transforms-disused-Soviet-aircraft-luxurious-hotel-suite.html)

Also an easy out from all the human rights construction issues there