PDA

View Full Version : Interpreter Please....

Ex FSO GRIFFO
3rd Dec 2013, 02:51
Can somebody please, please, let CASA know that, in the spirit of a 'level playing field', could this please be condensed and re-issued in plain language......???

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Project MS 13/29 (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:PWA::pc=PC_101849)

I have written to them to that effect - in plain language.

No cheers:ugh::rolleyes:

Pinky the pilot
3rd Dec 2013, 03:09
Griffo; I will bet you a glass of Single Malt of your choosing that the item concerned was written by a Lawyer!:hmm:

framer
3rd Dec 2013, 04:45
Take the bet. He hasn't worded the offer in legislatively defensive manner and you can argue that it was collaboratively authored.

Jabawocky
3rd Dec 2013, 08:48
I will bet you a whole bottle that it will be a fuster cluck that will take forever to be sorted and the end result will be worse than the problem it was intended to fix.

Ask me how I know this, and why I am willing to bet the whole bottle.

I am now firmly of the opinion, not just emotive ranting, firmly believe that the whole CASA has reached a point of dysfunction that no matter how many inquiies inquests, commissions or whatever study or restructure is thrown at it, the CASA is beyond repair.

I am 100% serious. It has reached the point where not even my radical restructure approach could work.

The only solution is a complete disbanding and sub it all out to the FAA or NZ CAA.

IF CASA was a company, one that had reached a level of even half that dysfunction, it would go into administration and the administration would result in a winding up with no prospect of trading out of it.

This is the commercial cleansing of inefficient, corrupt and ineffective organisations. It needs to happen at CASA. My apologies to some of the good hard working folk, but the facts are these.

Qantas is not far behind, it is not beyond salvage yet, but CASA certainly is.

Rant over.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
3rd Dec 2013, 09:19
HI Pinky & Jab,

(Goood advice Mr 'F'....)

I'm a cheap drunk......'Wild Turkey' is OK......
BUT......MORE than just a glass..!!!
(Pleeeze Sir....Oi want MORE.....)

:ok:

Sarcs
3rd Dec 2013, 09:30
What Jabba said x infinite...:D:D:ok:

Kind of puts FF's recent reply to a ATSB SR also on the subject of Part 42 in the shade...:ugh:Correspondence
Date received:11 November 2013
Response from:Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Response status:Monitor
Response text:With regard to Recommendation AO-2011-115-SR 050 you have recommended that CASA address the safety issue that the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 allow class B aircraft registration holders to maintain their aircraft using the CASA maintenance schedule in situations where a more appropriate manufacturer's maintenance schedule exists.

You remain concerned that this safety issue may not be adequately addressed and have issued the recommendation that CASA proceed with our program of regulatory reform to ensure that all aircraft involved in general aviation operations are maintained using the most appropriate maintenance schedule for the aircraft type.

I accept this recommendation and CASA will address this issue, work has commenced and again it will involve consultation with industry. As this is likely to be a protracted process; CASA is not in a position to specify a specific completion date at this time.

ATSB action in response:The ATSB recognises the acceptance of the recommendation by CASA. The ATSB will continue to monitor the ongoing work by CASA until the issue has been satisfactorily addressed.

That response at least makes it sound like they're busy but will endeavour to fix the problem..the other well it sounds like someone with too much time on their hands...:rolleyes:

aroa
3rd Dec 2013, 09:35
Jaba ...CAsA IS a company registered with ASIC Org No # 158 576 839...and have a "ceo" and a "bored" to prove it..as reqd.:mad:

Initially/or still?? it was called a GBE**.. Government Business Enterprise, but now an "authority" under, as well, the CAC Act 1979...which does have penalties for the employees of, for uncivil and criminal behaviour, unlike the CAsA "code" aka get out of jail free card

WE, the shareholders/taxpayers should issue a wind up notice as the bloody place is "trading" while morally insolvent...as well as a LOT of other things.:mad: eg false advertising.
Since they keep asking the Govt to chuck in more money ... are they trading when insolvent

A pprune lawyer might like to comment..?? :ok:

I suppose last years annual profit would be trough fodder to ensure bigger bonuses for the top porkers with access.:mad:

White, green and review papers aside if GA gets Trussed like a turkey again and CAsA get let out of the pen to carry on as normal/abnormal...THEN, as others have said in the past, all we have left is civil disobedience.:sad:

** Set up by the Government, pretending to be a Business, and showing no Enterprise in seeing that GA remains a viable industry.:mad::mad:

Creampuff
3rd Dec 2013, 09:56
CASA’s not a company registered with ASIC. It’s a body corporate established by the Civil Aviation Act. (If you go to ASIC’s website and do a search of the name, it says under the heading ‘type’: “Not Registered”…)

CASA is not and never has been a GBE. GBE has a legal definition.

CASA has no shareholders.

CASA is not insolvent.

The CAC Act is a 1997 Act, not a 1979 Act.

But apart from those minor details, your choice of font and use of white space were spot on! :ok:

3rd Dec 2013, 10:33
could this please be condensed and re-issued in plain language......???
CAsA could have called the "parts" "aftermarket parts" like every other industry. The everybody would know what they were referring to.

LeadSled
3rd Dec 2013, 14:20
The regulatory shambles that gave rise to this "project" is far more than "aftermarket parts"
Didn't you read the bit about Boeing and Airbus parts, manufactured for Boeing and Airbus in Japan, and the only source of these part, cannot be fitted to "Australian" aircraft, because of the regulatory straightjacket CASA has "Labored" to create.
Tootle pip!!

3rd Dec 2013, 23:24
Didn't you read the bit about Boeing and Airbus parts, manufactured for Boeing and Airbus in Japan, and the only source of these part, cannot be fitted to "Australian" aircraft, because of the regulatory straightjacket CASA has "Labored" to create.

In any other industry, if a part has the Manufacturer's name and is sold by the manufacturer, it is a manufacturer's part.

The car industry is one that comes to mind.

Like the play on words. Maybe the ABC is "Laboring" in publishing stolen data.

dubbleyew eight
4th Dec 2013, 00:17
creampuff you are priceless!
But apart from those minor details, your choice of font and use of white space were spot on!

civil disobedience as a term sounds horrible.
in reality it provides an environment where it is just you, the aeroplane and the engineering.
until you have tried it you have no idea how wonderful an environment it is.:ok:
the canadians know this. I just hope the kiwis do as well.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
4th Dec 2013, 00:52
Re Leadie's post - similarly, how are the operators of Jap manufactured 'BK' helos going to fare for spares....??

"The state of design for many aircraft on Australian aircraft registry is not a recognised country. Although these aircraft may have been issued with an Australian type certificate, the parts for these aircraft are mostly manufactured under the approval of the state of design. For example, Kawasaki BK 117 aircraft, for which Japan is the state of design, is accepted in Australia under an Australian type certificate. However, any part for these aircraft that is manufactured under a Japanese approval will not be accepted under Part 42 of CASR"

Are these machines now potentially 'grounded' and 'worthless' at the stroke of a pen....as they may be made from 'local (Jap) and imported (German) ingredients'....to paraphrase our supermarkets...??? :rolleyes:

NO Cheers :ugh:

bankrunner
4th Dec 2013, 02:04
Well they're not really worthless, they're perfectly good aircraft everywhere but here :ok:

Obviously, that doesn't help Australian operators who need to fly those aircraft to pay their bills!

Just another case of CASA running a lengthy expensive project to fix their own previous mistakes, which should have been almost impossible to make in the first place.

CHAIRMAN
4th Dec 2013, 12:09
Seems vintage aircraft are in the same boat. Plenty of NOS in the hands of collectors and well preserved. Now they all apparently need a release note before they can be fitted. 'but Mr CASA, these parts were never issued with release notes when they were produced - surely a GRN and inspection is ok like it has been in the past? How can we keep these aircraft flying?'.
'Not my problem! We're from CASA - we're not here to help'.

4th Dec 2013, 22:42
They have no idea:ugh:

Jabawocky
5th Dec 2013, 00:23
Ahhh Mr Chair, I know you know what we all know …… so none of us should be surprised ;)

:ugh:

But I did get a lovely CD in the mail yesterday.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
5th Dec 2013, 00:35
Aye Aye Jab,

This ageing owner is gunna take the 'advice' and... 'Take a Closer look' at this 'Ageing Aircraft Resource' CD carefully, and see if he can apply anything to extending his own 'ageing resource'.....

A 'new' fuselage might be of great assistance....
(A streamlined one for a start....)

:8

dubbleyew eight
5th Dec 2013, 00:56
griffo you are just life imitating art.
in the cartoon 'Planes' the lead character starts out as a pawnee and by race end the repairs have him looking awfully like a P51 mustang.

dont imitate a cartoon mate.:} casa are bad enough.:E

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Dec 2013, 03:32
Just for the 'record'....

I did indeed receive a rather nice email response from a person who actually cares, with the invite to ring him.

I have done this, and we had a very 'congenial' conversation, during which i made my points, and the man actually listened.

However, I got the impression that he is just as 'hamstrung' as are we, but, in his own way, he is trying to be 'industry friendly', as he is from the industry.....

Ah well,

Cheers:ok:

Feather #3
9th Dec 2013, 05:33
Read recently about the NINE staff in the CASA Airworthiness Team for the introduction of the B787 to Australia. You'd almost think that it hadn't received certification anywhere else in the World!!?? :ugh:

W@nkers! :mad:

G'day ;)

mattyj
10th Dec 2013, 18:38
Is this because the Australian regs were written after WW2 and Japanese and Germany manufacturing wasn't supported due to rearmament fears..?

Kharon
10th Dec 2013, 19:58
Feather – you forgot at least two command ratings, just so CASA can show the 'lads' how it's done. Perish the thought of pension increases, that's reserved for the select PIC 380 @ 71 YO club; great use of the budget I'd say. Stellar in fact.