PDA

View Full Version : Internal Fuel Tank Bell 212

hueyracer
1st Dec 2013, 13:30
Gents,

flying the 205 in the military, we got to use a rubber fuel bladder as "internal additional fuel tank" every now and then.

Facing a problem with our current endurance on a Bell 212 (with the standard "metal" additional fuel tank NOT being an option) i was thinking if there is anyone out there operating a Bell 212 (or 412) using these rubber fuel bladders as well….

Anyone?

Torquelimited
1st Dec 2013, 13:45
Check out Turtlepac (http://www.turtlepac.com/)

hueyracer
1st Dec 2013, 16:12
Thanks-that looks like a start….

Do you have experience with it?

canterbury crusader
2nd Dec 2013, 01:12
This may help -

External Fuel System with aux tank filler cap - External Fuel System - Bell Medium - Bell - OEM Sections (http://www.dartaerospace.com/oem-sections/bell/bell-medium/external-fuel-system/41228-000-004-013-bell-external-fuel-system-with-aux-tank-filler-cap)

hueyracer
2nd Dec 2013, 03:42
That looks great-but it´s way to heavy (141 kg)…

We´re trying to push the range beyond 3 hours, without loosing too much of the payload…

The first one might be worth a shot…already send them an email…

albatross
2nd Dec 2013, 04:52
I used to fly a 212 that had a solid L shaped aux tank that fit around the hell hole - you could fly with either one or 2 fitted 2100 lbs with one I think.
I recall they were about a foot high and about 18 inches wide.
My ship was an ambulance but I think you could fit the ordinary seats with them fitted.
Unfortunately I can not remember who made them. Long time ago.
Perhaps someone else will remember them.

I will inquire for more info from a friend.

albatross
3rd Dec 2013, 02:47
A friend thinks the tanks were made by Associated Air Centre at Love Field Dallas TX we bought them in the early 80's and the install was by Innotech in Toronto.

Ainippe
3rd Dec 2013, 13:16
The L shaped tanking system was a really early Bell SI may even have a been a 205 SI. If you are not going to use it full time but just for ferry flights then 4 or 5 44 gall drums interconnected and vented, draining into the floor using a Bell Quick disconnect. Just ensure they are well strapped down and vented properly. It is a cheap and effective way of extending your range