PDA

View Full Version : PPL + IR(R) to CPL + ME/IR

LondonJ
1st Dec 2013, 12:44
Hi all,

Have been googling around with not much luck to find an official document to explain this.

I currently have a PPL + IMCR (aka IR(R)).

I have nearly completed the ATPL theory and am now starting on the practical portion of the CPL and ME/IR. Under the new EASA system, would anyone be able to advise what (if any) reduction I can get on the training hours requirement for holding the IMCR?

Many thanks!

Jawzyjawz
2nd Dec 2013, 04:52
I have just looked at October 2013 CAP 804 Section 4 Part L Page 9 Paragraph E-8. It gives information on IR(A), IR(H) and Certificate for Basic Instrument Flight Module but nothing on IR(R).

I would also appreciate the time if anyone with information on reduced Instrument training time during the CPL(A) course.

2close
4th Dec 2013, 16:33
That's easy.

Zero.

Presently, there are no credits available for either the CPL(A) or the IR(A) for holders of an IMCr (IR(R)).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :\

If you hold a CPL(A) you get 10 hours of reduced training for the IR(A) and the same for the CPL(A) for holders of an IR(A). Essentially, you are getting credits for the Basic Instrument Flight Module. :)

Jawzyjawz
5th Dec 2013, 02:05
I heard there were changes in the pipe line but until I see it in writing I can't back it up.

Just being hopeful from hearing rumours I guess!

Many thanks.