PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Rebrand - 757

Diverskii
1st Dec 2013, 09:22
Hi all, new guy here but I'm pretty sure this is the correct forum to ask this.

I was trying to find information on when Thomas Cook will retire their 757s. I couldn't find anything concrete online.

With Monarch's 757 fleet almost non-existent and Thomson's plans to replace their fleet with 738s soon, what are Thomas Cook up to?

They've painted certain aircraft (TCBC, FCLD, FCLA) in the new hybrid heart livery, so I guess they're staying a little longer? Will we ever see a 757 in the full new grey livery?

rutankrd
1st Dec 2013, 10:48
Those are in a transitional livery.

Just the Globe changed for the Sunny Heart.

The first group aircraft in the full grey and Condor Yellow is actually a a 757 albeit a Condor 757-300 !

These are being painted at Manchester Air Livery over the coming months.

The First UK aircraft is a newly delivered A321 scheduled into Manchester around about now.

The 757-200s will be replaced over the next few years with further A321 models on European North African and Sinai routes.

A number of German Condor branded aircraft are also scheduled to operate from the UK in summer 2014 to supplement capacity.
These are expected to be 757-300 frames so you WILL see these in Grey and Yellow.

New Livery on a 757 viewed here.

Skyliner - aviation news & more (http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=8637)

Diverskii
1st Dec 2013, 12:34
Yeah, I was wondering if the 757-200s would stick around long enough to get the full grey livery, not just the hybrid one - looks like they wont.

It'll be great to see Condor 753s about in the UK.

I was just curious as to why they even bothered to paint the 757s in the hybrid livery if they're going to retire them soon. TC obviously thought the new brand was important enough to stick it on the 757s

MKY661
7th Dec 2013, 12:01
I was just curious as to why they even bothered to paint the 757s in the hybrid livery if they're going to retire them soon. TC obviously thought the new brand was important enough to stick it on the 757s

The Sunny Heart is not Painted on to the aircraft, it's just a Decal so it's just stuck on the aircraft. This is also quicker to do as well :)

TCX69
7th Dec 2013, 12:09
The Sunny Heart is not Painted on to the aircraft, it's just a Decal so it's just stuck on the aircraft. This is also quicker to do as well

The old Globe logo is also a decal so pretty easy to change from one to the other.

grounded27
9th Dec 2013, 07:21
One spotted on FedEx ramp, freight is great.