PDA

View Full Version : Autumn/Christmas 2013 edition of Air Clues is now out

CoffmanStarter
1st Dec 2013, 07:19
And what a bumper edition it is :ok:

I liked the Letters Page (aka Feedback page 46) ... do I detect that BEagle was the inspiration for the eMail "question" based on a previous comment made here on PPRuNe under the W/C Spry thread ? ... :8

Air Clues Autumn/Christmas 2013 Edition (http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafiles/61FC8C07_5056_A318_A8697C579728F0D3.pdf)

I'm settling down for an in-depth read later today :ok:

Coff.

Wander00
1st Dec 2013, 09:17
Mind you, size of the RAF now, perhaps it should be renamed as "Air Clue"

....hat, coat..................

Skeleton
1st Dec 2013, 09:38
Are they still awarding good shows for people doing there jobs? I got two for firing reds at a wheels up Jag and F4. Both gin clear CAVOK days, and doing what I was trained to do.

Wg Cdr Spry
1st Dec 2013, 10:13
Since I have been pipped to the post with the announcement of our Autumn 2013 edition of Airclues being available online, I would like to elaborate on a few bonus features.

From 4 Dec 13, the magazine should be starting to arrive on Units. From this date onwards you will be able to access the interactive content of the magazine by downloading the Blippar image recognition app on your smart phone.

Some of this content is also available on our website and as you will see there is seasonal bonus material.

I hope you enjoy this edition, packed with great articles and festive fun.

RAF - Flight Safety - Air Clues Issue 12 Autumn 13 (http://www.raf.mod.uk/organisation/aircluesautumn13.cfm)

Yours aye

Spry

BEagle
1st Dec 2013, 13:48
Thanks, Spry, congratulations on the production of the festive edition!

Incidentally, for those who wondered, the Air Clues version reads:

I have the honour to ask who* coined the silly term ‘Air Safety’.

The Royal Air Force has a long history of Flight Safety and this daft new term smacks of nothing more than pointless corporate correctness.

*I’ve removed some of the flowery objectives and descriptions here.

It’s usually worth having a coffee break between drafting and pressing send.

Regards

The original post read:

I have the honour to ask which dumb-witted prat coined the silly term 'Air Safety'.

The Royal Air Force has a long history of Flight Safety and this daft new term smacks of nothing more than pointless corporate correctness.

To be frank, it sucks.

Anyway, welcome back - how come you weren't snapped up by the airlines when you had the chance?

Regards,

Apologies if the original included 'flowery objectives' (sic) - I guess you meant 'adjectives', Spry old bean?

Actually, upon reflection, it's probably a good job that I didn't pause for a coffee break or I might have expressed my opinion of 'air' vs. 'flight' safety in even more robust terms!

;)

Force For Good
1st Dec 2013, 16:06
Wg Cdr Spry,

May I ask why the RAF AIR Safety Magazine is produced by the RAF FLIGHT Safety team? :ugh:

The constant changing of terms does nothing to improve the coherency of air, flight or total safety messages! :confused:

Canadian Break
1st Dec 2013, 16:55
Do keep up chaps; has it escaped you completely that since the days of the Bett Report it has been held that if you are not driving through change then you are not doing your job? "What do you mean, we have been doing it this way for years and it works, so we do not need to change it?"

I attended a NATO meeting on Integrated Air and Missile Defence last week where the operational community were told that they had to change the way they were doing their AOPG business so that the scientists could build a tool to support them!
Astounding - talk about a job creation scheme. So come on chaps - get with the plan but do be aware that if you fight it, you will be accused of being a Luddite of Dinosaur. :mad:

dragartist
1st Dec 2013, 20:31
Wg Cdr Spry,
Thanks for allowing Air Clues to be posted in the public domain. Years ago it was for Internal use only (may have been RESTRICTED) I must admit to taking clippings of interesting articles over the years.

Enjoy reading (or just looking at the pictures) of the back issues you load up for us all to see. Thanks

smujsmith
1st Dec 2013, 22:40
Beagle,

I tend to side with your original, unedited post. No rebel instinct etc, I just don't see why a re wording would help in getting the message across. At least we have something to support.

Smudge:ok: