PDA

View Full Version : The one hour flight with an instructor

fireflybob
30th Nov 2013, 20:05
Reference the one hour with an instructor needed (amongst other requirements) to revalidate SEP by experience I understand this can now be spread over not more than three flights with the same instructor.

I presume these flights are required to take place on the same day but cannot find a reference to confirm this.

Thanks for any help.

Whopity
1st Dec 2013, 08:05
I presume these flights are required to take place on the same day Surely, that would defeat the whole purpose of spreading the load! So long as they are conducted within the qualifying period, they qualify.UK Alternative Means of Compliance with FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii) – Revalidation of
single-engine class ratings.
The requirements for a training flight with an FI or CRI, referred to in FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii),
may be satisfied by receiving instruction totalling at least 1 hour from the same instructor
in the course of a maximum of three flights. The period is defined in FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii)(ii) within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the rating, complete 12 hours of flight time in the relevant class, including:

— a training flight of at least 1 hour with a flight instructor (FI) or a class rating instructor (CRI). Applicants shall be exempted from this flight if they have passed a class or type rating proficiency check or skill test in any other class or type of aeroplane.

fireflybob
1st Dec 2013, 16:38
Whopity, thanks for the clarification - like all things from the Euroland I just wanted to be sure.