PDA

View Full Version : Examiner signing revalidation by experience for SEP

slr737
26th Nov 2013, 10:37
Could anyone tell me where I can find in EASA document that as a TRE I'm allowed to sign the certificate of revalidation for a SEP class rating under the revalidation by experience rule?

The only place I could find was in doc 24.

So is it specific to the UK, or as a UK TRE I could also do on any other non Uk EASA license?

I could also no find any form like the SRG1119E in other EASA CAA website!

Thx

Whopity
26th Nov 2013, 11:12
To act as an examiner for any other State you need to complete the standardisation procedure nominated by that State and complete the on line briefing and test. That will most probably check that you know where to find the relevant forms.

For the UK try Flight Examiners Handbook para 2.4

slr737
26th Nov 2013, 17:37
Thanks Whopity, but your answer is not helping at all and then not answering my question, specially the paragraph you mentioned ! :mad:

So either you answer the question asked or you avoid posting unnecessary comments....

I've done the standardisation of almost all european country thanks to EASA and their new rules. Probably contrary to you as you would know that those online briefing or presentation are mostly a copy of the EASA law and are quite similar to each other except specific items such a fee for each check ride or specific way of filling paperwork or to sign or no to sign...
And you don't need a PhD or an online briefing to know where all the forms are situated in each european CAA website !

Coming back to my question :

The only place I have found where they write that any examiner can sign the revalidation by experience for SEP is in UK doc 24.

it is not found in the EASA regulation or CAP804. So is it a special UK rules only valid on UK EASA holder or is it valid for all EASA holders.

Any answer from a UK TRE who has already sign such form or any non-uk TRE for which that rules would be unknown?

thx

Edited : Spelling

Trevor Farmer
26th Nov 2013, 18:06
Wow!
With a retort like that I think I'll retain my advices!

S-Works
26th Nov 2013, 19:13
The arrangements for any licence entry including a revalidation by experience are subject to the discretion of each NAA. Like you I have completed the EASA required examiner briefing for many countries. Unlike you I also bothered to ask the NAAs of each of those countries what I can and can't sign.

I the UK if you have completed the brief you can sign the licence, in Hungary you can't sign a licence for any rating, it has to go to the NAA who then reissue the licence. . That's just a example of two EASA states.

Therefore, what you need to do is ask the NAA of any licence you have been asked to sign what you can actually do.

nick14
26th Nov 2013, 19:16
IAA examiners can sign for revalidation only and I have heard of TREs signing SEPs however not many of the TREs I know would know the requirements for tabloid action of an SEP and therefore wouldn't sign it.

Renewal is only certain examiners specifically authorised or the authority.

slr737
26th Nov 2013, 19:50
Thanks Bose-X and nick.

That's what I thought when reading all the standardization briefing.

I usually ask the corresponding NAA to confirm what I can do when I notify them of a test but had not yet come into the issue of revalidation by experience for non uk holder

Was asked this morning after I had done their LPC on MPA to revalidation their SEP. one was UK so ok, but not the other one.

EASA Hasn't made our life simpler unfortunately.

GipsyMagpie
27th Nov 2013, 20:08
Also says you can in Examiners Handbook page A11-1

Won't let me cut and paste it