PDA

View Full Version : CRJ Type Rating

Vitek
26th Nov 2013, 08:34
Hello folks,

Does anyone know of the facilitiy in France that does initial type ratings on the CRJ-200? I believe it is located in a town that starts with the letter "M".

Thanks

Stalker_
26th Nov 2013, 09:10
AV France have a CRJ-200 SIM, this was back in 2001, not sure if its still there, you have a job on CRJ?

Vitek
26th Nov 2013, 12:32
Stalker,

Affirmative.
Problem is that the company is not sending anyone else for an initial TR for quite a while, therefore I am "going it alone" so to speak. Therefore I have a bit of discretion as to where I can complete it.
Do not worry, I am not paying for a TR in the hopes of getting a job :=

I was told by a few pilots here in Russia of a center in France. A pretty large group from pilots from Russian airlines recieved their ratings there from 2008-2010.
Place is called Marley (not sure if that is the correct spelling as I am translitirating from Russian). That is the town/city.
Nobody that I know personally actually went there, so I do not know the name of the facility or their contact information.
I was also not able to find it through Google by searching pretty obvious things like "CRJ Type Rating" and all sorts of other variants of that phrase.
Who knows, may not be there anymore? Working with two year old information here.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide though. Heard some good things.

Stalker_
26th Nov 2013, 13:41
Ok well done, what about pan am in Florida? there CRJ rating is only 5k us dollars and you get the papers to transfer to your authority, just need to check that the sim is approved for EASA.

magicmick
26th Nov 2013, 13:52
Perhaps you’re thinking of this outfit in Morlaix:

ICARE : Centre de Formation Aéronautique - Company History (http://www.icare.fr/en/history.php)

Don’t know anything about them but they seem to have a CRJ sim and Russian Federation approval.

Vitek
26th Nov 2013, 16:53
Magicmick,
Thank you! That is the one! Never cease to be amazed by French spelling and the meaning being lost in a translation.

Stalker, undertunately PanAm's program is not approved in Russia.

I am interested as to how PanAm's program costs only $5k. From the reasearch I have done, most programs in Europe cost much more than twice that.

magicmick
27th Nov 2013, 04:33
Glad that the link was useful Vitek, congratulations on getting the CRJ job, a real achievement in the current recruitment situation. I'm sure you will have a great time flying the CRJ and I am jealous, good luck and I hope it all works out well for you.

Stalker_
27th Nov 2013, 07:57
Ah ok no worries, ah its pan am you get what you pay for, even the A320 is something like 7k!!! madness same TR at Ansett Melboune cost you 36k!

Vitek
27th Nov 2013, 12:36
Magicmick,
Thanks! I am eagerly awaiting the start of my training and prepping up by reading some material. It seems to be not that easy of an aircraft to fly, in particular due to the high approach speeds (no leading edge slats, unlike the -700) but I will do my best to be the best :)

Stalker, there must be something fishy. The other prices were actually more than 3 times what PanAm quotes. I just don't see how they can provide he same product for 1/3 the price.
This must be part of the reason why an obscure place in France is certified by Russia and PanAm isn't. Russian airlines also don't like throwing money out the window. If it was the same product, I am sure the airlines would do some serious lobbying to get their program approved by the Russian CAA.