PDA

View Full Version : I need help

amarbond
24th Nov 2013, 14:40
Good evening everyone!

My name is Amar and I am a Swedish student dreaming to become a pilot in the future, It's not something that I would give up on.

I have my final high school exams in a couple of months and I am still lost where to study piloting.

Please, please, please I need help.
I have spent hundreds of hours reading threads, posts, news articles and asking people about the best affordable place to study piloting.

I want to fly in the middle east or Europe in the future, but it doesn't matter where I study as I have the opportunity to convert my license.

I have CTC WINGS,OAA, any flight school in South Africa as my options. Ctc wings is expensive but they deliver good training, does that mean it is worth it?

It is around the half in South africa, but i dont know about the quality

Thank you guys!

RichardH
24th Nov 2013, 15:21
I trust you have read all the treads on this forum as your question has been asked several times.

However the number one question is "Where do you have a right to work"? If it is only in JAA/EASA Euroland then that is where you should concentrate your efforts.

best affordable can only be determined by your own budget and timescales. Then there is the whole modular/integrated debate. Have you actually visited your proposed schools? You are about to part with lots of money so do your homework and don't blindly fall for the glossy sales brochure.

stn
24th Nov 2013, 17:22
In fact Sweden appears to have one of the best schemes out there: LUSA Lund University (http://www.lusa.lu.se/). I'd try my very best to enroll there.

amarbond
1st Dec 2013, 00:07
I have read so many threads but I STILL CAN'T find the right answer...

I am swedish, I can apply for visa anywhere.
thanks!

AirbusLover
1st Dec 2013, 08:54
There are so many choices in Europe for pilot training that i personally found it difficult to make up my mind.The licence will be the same at the end of the day,so try to find something that really suits you best.If i was in your shoes,i would stay in my country.Plenty of good reputated schools,Diamond Academy,Lund LUSA scheme just to name a few.I wouldnt leave hot swedish girls for South Africa :E and as a swede i could have many chances joining Scandinavian,Norwegian,Novair and cargo commuter airlines.

cavortingcheetah
1st Dec 2013, 13:34
Don't be disparaging about South African girls! They're spoilt, loud, dress badly, shriek in a horrid little accents, can't drive, cook, clean or talk intelligently and generally are not worth the zip top on a packet of ZERO condoms.
The rest of South Africa, apart from Johannesburg which is stuffed full of the above creatures, is absolutely wonderful. There must be hundreds, perhaps even thousands of posts dealing with flight training down here so there's no point in my banging on about FTS at FAGC or FTC at FAGG. Both schools are owned by SAA flight crew. That doesn't make them Draupnir of course but I do think each place trains to an objective and the twin simulator used at FAGC is excellent. I don't know about a sim at FTC but WW is a top bloke.
Just make sure, if you're going to get a South African licence that you go for the ATPL (frozen) if the CAA will let you and that you really, really can convert that licence to another one.
I'm sure you know about this website?
CAA Website (http://www.caa.co.za)
Perhaps you can find something helpful in flight crew licencing. It's not an easy website to navigate.

SloppyJoe
3rd Dec 2013, 17:49
I am swedish, I can apply for visa anywhere

To study maybe but for work after you are qualified you can't. You need to factor in the conversion costs and with only the experience needed to gain a license overseas you would be very foolish to think you can convert it to an EASA CPL and IR in the minimum required time. You also still need to pass all the EASA ground exams.

Find somewhere to get an EASA license as you will find it very hard if you don't and cost will be about the same in the end.

Integrated zero to frozen ATPL (http://flyingtime.co.uk/en/FDP_Introduction)

You can work part time whilst doing the course also, something you can not do if you study overseas (outside EU).

The above is just an example of a lower priced European option.