PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Training Perth WA

Ozzydoo
24th Nov 2013, 13:28
Hi guys

Ok I need as much help and information as possible, Ok so I'm currently living in the UK and am a aeronautical engineer. (Currently in Perth now)

I'm looking to move to Perth ASAP, and start flight training to become a commercial pilot. I have been doing lots of research and get many different opinions and answers to what I should do.

To complete the training I need permanent residence due to the fact the course would run over a year and I want to stay in Perth and becoming a pilot here, also to gain finance for the flight training.

Cost
I have been looking around and the estimate cost is $100,000 AUD this is for the CPL and instrument rating etc.. to what I am aware does it sound correct?

Now once the training is complete I will need a job! Please can someone advise me on the job prospects and the realistic chances of gaining a job out of flight school with minimal hours? What sort of company's should I look at and wear around Perth?

Also is there any scholarships around?

Now my plan currently is to come out on a 1 year working visa and complete a PPL and also work part time. While doing this hopefully find a company to gain permanent residence with doing aeronautical engineering, however I'm not a licensed engineer I have only just finished studying, so will need a company that would train me. Any companies in Perth who would give a job to a trainee and sponsor to gain permanent residency?
Then if I can get permanent residency I will then work towards my CPL etc....

So please any information and advise or extra advise to help me achieve my dream in becoming a pilot would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Ex FSO GRIFFO
24th Nov 2013, 13:59
Check your PM's Mr Ozzydoo.

:ok:

dubbleyew eight
24th Nov 2013, 15:04
eighteen years old and you are an aeronautical engineer.

horsepoo!!!