PDA

View Full Version : Civvy guards to go

dctyke
23rd Nov 2013, 18:36
MoD set to axe civilian guards | Western Daily Press (http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/MoD-set-axe-civilian-guards/story-20115688-detail/story.html#ixzz2lSr7lge8)

Of course if they are replaced by MPGS reserve numbers will increase. Or if the plan is to save money it will be back to the bad old days of extra duties for the lads n lasses.

reds & greens
23rd Nov 2013, 19:16
Why not? - its not as though there are too few to undertake their primary role.
And then the effects of the tablets wear off...

mad_jock
23rd Nov 2013, 19:24
I can remember when all of a sudden there was a requirement for people with SLR's instead of old boys with sandwiches. So we had to do it. 12 weeks later the civi's were left on there own again.

Maybe the latest risk analysis means that gats are once again the flavour of the day. And not just for 12 weeks.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
23rd Nov 2013, 20:57
Maybe watching Dr Who has disrupted my capacity to understand the written word but; Western Daily Press

Ms Soubry, minister for defence personnel, welfare and veterans, said the changes were needed to "maintain effective and proportionate protection" against MoD bases.

What?

smujsmith
24th Nov 2013, 20:15
GBZ,

The minute anyone proves that the "mouth organ" Soubry is any form of authority on any form of defence, I will buy the entire readership of PPRUNE Military a sherbet. Until then I see the point that if you just dump gate guarding on the techies etc, you lose any chance of meeting flying targets, which will result in someone leaking it to a newspaper. Government embarrassment etc. Oooo, lets hire some Roma gate guards, only £5 a day, and a breakfast in the air mens mess. I really am becoming an old cynic.

Smudge:ok:

Onceapilot
24th Nov 2013, 20:47
Quite right. With civies doing all the work in the Armed Forces, it is only right that the military people protect them:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:.

OAP