PDA

View Full Version : Le Bourget : Pork in hallal tray !!!

Elosie
23rd Nov 2013, 13:06
During my last flight from Paris Le Bourget, i've found a ham sandwich in a Premier catering meal tray for Doha VIP's on a business flight!!!

Fortunately, I've discovered it on time. Otherwise it's sure; I would have lost my job !

I'm used to work with Jetex in confidence in other countries, but in Le Bourget they seems to have quite weird ways of working, no ?

mutt
23rd Nov 2013, 23:53
Are you sure, or was it pink pastrami ??? We have had the same issue and it wasn't pork.

Turn&Burn
24th Nov 2013, 07:36
..so how did the pork feel about all this ? :}

josephfeatherweight
24th Nov 2013, 09:29
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

mgTF
24th Nov 2013, 09:50
another quote from Simpsons:

To Alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems

To Alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems. - YouTube

Tray Surfer
24th Nov 2013, 10:28
I remember serving a Kosher meal to a pax on a breakfast service in Club on short haul and there was a honking big slice of bacon on top... And you could tell it was real bacon, not turkey bacon or anything else but piggy bacon.

He thought it was hilarious... I was absolutely mortified.

Anthony Supplebottom
24th Nov 2013, 15:22
One has to remember that caterers sometimes get bored and need to have a laugh every now and again!

His dudeness
24th Nov 2013, 16:36
Do Jetex the catering themselves in Le Bourget ? I was under the impression they donīt ...

Pavla
26th Nov 2013, 16:06
So do I! I already had problems with Premier catering!

At the beginning of the year, food was inedible on a flight bound for Moscow! Some of the passengers were sick!

I complained to Jetex (we choose this FBO as Elosie did). I was told that the caterer experienced serious sanitary issues! Apparently they don't have a choice because of head management direct orders. Why? I don't have a clue! I was astonished when I heard that! :confused: I expect an other kind of service for that price!

I haven't been to Paris since then.But I won't no longer call Premier Catering for the food!

Pavla
8th Jan 2014, 16:16
Argh! Again, we have issues with Premier Catering!! They deliver some stuff that we didn'ask and forget other things!! That's a shame!

Did anyone else experience troubles with them in the past???

Bucket
9th Jan 2014, 10:13
We once got prawn sandwiches on a Kosher flight. Profound apologies from yours truly to the pax who were utterly charming about it.

I personally sorted out catering for the return flight. A discreet tip from lead pax after landing suggested that the outbound blunder by the 'professional' caterers had been forgotten.

More recently, I have taken personal responsiblity to source Kosher snacks etc when required. The efforts have resulted in some suprise by the pax in question who brought their own food believing that GA might not make the effort to look after them.

Evanelpus
9th Jan 2014, 10:29
Did anyone else experience troubles with them in the past???

Yes, you did, read the OP:ugh:

B200Drvr
14th Jan 2014, 00:21
I had the same issue in Rome, "No pork, no alcohol" catering ended up with a huge tray of really nice Ham rolls, needless to say the crew food was good that day!!! Good thing it was only Rome-Venice so pax did not eat.

silverware
14th Jan 2014, 13:38
I am aware of both worlds, being a freelancer in the cabin and a business development manager for a European inflight catering company. (feel free to mail me for a discount on your next order ;) ).

In the caterers defence: not all crews are particularly skilled in the culinary field....or they are placing an order and barely master the English language.
As long as you place your order directly through the caterers website or companies like Delisky/Private Flight things will go fine most of the time, this is my personal experience.
Also have the order delivered by the caterer iso the handling company.
You can then physically go through your order with the caterer, this did save me a couple of times when (crucial) items were missing.

LGW Vulture
14th Jan 2014, 23:02
I'm sorry to be so facetious but the thread title is so synonymous with Le Bourget vis a vis Paris.

Again, sorry to draw such an obvious conclusion. :oh:

Gulfstreamaviator
15th Jan 2014, 05:46
Just guess how many years, and phone Ladbrooks. Sorry, not to gamble just to ask the time ....

Glf