PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Need advise about First class medical (CAA)

Piper2897m
21st Nov 2013, 16:03
I have a CPL, IR and about to start my studies for the atpl frozen. First I will be obtaining my first class medical, health wise im in very good condition, dont drink or smoke. However for about 4 years I have had depression, I was on trazadon 150mg for 2 years, then down to 50mg , I have been officially off my medication for 4 months and feel very good. The CAA told me a few weeks ago that they might want a GP report of my mental condition. I went to my GP, and he wrote up a letter which I was not happy about, he called the depression a ''disorder'' and says that the depression has been ''relapsing and limiting since then'' and ''has resulted in weeks off from work'' really, why even bring this up? (the gp has said alot of positive things about me, and that im mentally okay)I feel that the gp is not helping my case though with these types of remarks, an im abit confused of what to do next. Should I try again and get my gp to remove these terms, Or do I just book my first class medical and show up and if they ask for the report give it to them if they request it. Im not to concerned about not passing the medical, im more concerned about how the airlines will view that report in the next few years when I start putting myself out there for employment. id appreciate if someone could shed some light on the situation, thank you.

Radgirl
22nd Nov 2013, 19:58
Sorry to sound unsympathetic but depression is indeed a disorder. If you need to take time off work for it that is highly relevant and an integral part of the report. If it isn't true and you are not taking Time off then challenge your GP

Steak&Kidney_Pie
22nd Nov 2013, 21:15
You have no reason to be upset should this be a realistic/true report. If it is not, then you need to discuss it with your GP.

After all, this is not just for you, but also the safety of others!