PDA

View Full Version : LAPL to EASA PPL

davepeacock
21st Nov 2013, 15:19
HI Guys.

Can you help.

I have a NPPL and wish to convert to an EASA PPL. The only reason I have a NPPL was the medical situation, however I now have a class 2 medical.

I done the full PPL course including the 150nm Xcountry, however I did not do the Nav during my skills test. I currently have 92 hours of which 31 are solo.

What do I have to do to obtain my EASA PPL. Tried looking at the CAP804 without success.

Second Question, assuming I get my EASA PPL I understand I can add an IMC/IR(R). What happens if I don't finish the IMC before the Apr 14 deadline (which will be likely)?

Thank for any help

Dave

Whopity
24th Nov 2013, 14:00
Firstly, your best option is to go back to the school where you completed your PPL training. The only issue might be the time since you took the PPL written exams. You will only need to complete those items not completed and pass the PPL Skill Test but to do so your written exams need to be within the validity period.

There is no longer a 4 April deadline for the IMC, it has been extended for a further 5 years.

Deeday
24th Nov 2013, 16:51
Hi Dave, somebody asked the same question not long ago. Here's my reply (http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/521383-nppl-ppl-extra-training-requirement-ambiguity.html#post7998427).