PDA

View Full Version : flying Biz-jets

bottle2throttle
12th Nov 2001, 05:26
What is the easiest way to fly for the corperate world? I'm talking, Gulfstreams, Challengers, Citation X's etc.

I know people say the classic 'it's who you know' but, surely a company which operates a biz-jet will not fork out an expensive type rating for a glorified taxi driver.

Please offer me some advice on the best way to get a job flying these beasts!!! :cool:

Squawk7777
12th Nov 2001, 07:20
I am sorry to dissapoint you, but even in the corporate aviation world it is "who you know".

The other problem is that many European companies that operate internationally N-register their airplanes. I guess it has to do with less European B/S. I don't like the idea but that is the trend at the moment. :( [It could be leasing, too ]

The only suggestions I have is to contact Netjets Europe in Portugal, but beware, they don't like to reply when you send in your CV. FlexJet Europe out of Copenhagen had been looking a few months back. No idea how they are doing now.

There is a magazine called Professional Pilot (www.propilotmag.com). It focuses on the BizAv world (mainly US of course). With a bit of "luck" you can subscibe to it...

Good luck!

Squawk7777

DownIn3Green
13th Nov 2001, 07:41
Yo' Squawk, you **** @r...

Why are you of all people "sorry to disapoint" some jerk who wants an "easy way" to the cockpit of a corporate jet?

There is no "Easy Way".

Pay your dues and it will come.

By the way..most of the real International Corp Jets I know of are registered in the Islands...if you are up on it, you'll know what I mean...

bottle2throttle
14th Nov 2001, 06:08
Squak7777, thank you for the reply!

Downin3green, what the f__k is your problem?

I quote;

"some jerk who wants an "easy way" to the cockpit"

You can P1ss right off you t0ss3r! I was just asking for advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think I'm jerk then e-mail me and give me your reasons!!!!!

:mad: :mad:

You T1T..............

Squawk7777
14th Nov 2001, 07:55
Relax People! DownIn3Green, you should not yell your frustration out to the wrong people! I would be careful! The aviation community is smaller than you think.

Yes, there are easy ways, even if you don't want to believe it! I instructed in the US for a while and guess what? 90% of my students fly for the airlines. It depends on who your daddy "is" or if you had been elected as a cadet (BA, Lufthansa, etc.) or in which system you have to live with (FAA, JAA etc.). If you really want to get scared than take a look at some airlines in Mexico. I have instructed some of those people and they do NOT belong in a cockpit of a 727 (as a FO), a F100 or a Saab 340B. But daddy's a pilot...

I am NOT saying that all those pilots are bad, but a know a few, and I would not buy a ticket with certain carriers there.

And one of those airlines is in the STAR alliance!

Where's your justice? Saw a female pilot at Signature, ORD a few days back. Blond, big *youknowwhat*, and got taken on a Citation X as SIC with 1200 hours, no jet or TP experience, 100 multi. Is that what you call working your way up? Face it: This aviation business makes no sense, it is chaos covered up by laws. And don't say that this is only a US thing, I have seen it in Europe, too.

Be persistent, and meet the "right" people. Only that's how it works!

Bottom line is: Never give up and try not to be jealous. At the end of the day we meet again in the sky, and that's the limit!

Squawk7777
14th Nov 2001, 08:02
DownIn3Green: Most corporate jets I HEAR on the radio (in the US _and_ EUROPE) are US registered. Many corporate jets I see ideling on the ground and that are for sale have a European tailnumber.

Sad, but true: Europe slowly kills us with excessive regulations!

PietroXX
15th Nov 2001, 03:20
Sqawk7777: I'm sharing the same opinion as you.. Let's add also one airline from SkyTeam to that yours from STAR Aliance..

I know lotta pilots flying there, but I'd never fly w/them.. even if some of them are really very good friends..

Pass me yr email if you are interested, we can talk about it privately.. or strat new topic, that one wasn't about that