PDA

View Full Version : UAE airspace

rennaps
21st Nov 2013, 09:07
Saw this article:

"Dubai Air Show: Plenty of planes, but is there enough airspace?
New airports, hundreds of billions of dollars worth of new aircraft: some of the big-spending Gulf states and their airlines seem to have limitless resources and ambition.
All those new aircraft ordered at the Dubai Air Show will need space to fly. Trouble is, the airspace above the Gulf is already worryingly congested."

BBC News - Dubai Air Show: Plenty of planes, but is there enough airspace? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25015322)

Is main-stream aviation finally starting to take note of something that we have all known for years or is this yet another flash in the pan?

Stalker_
21st Nov 2013, 09:23
Very true, not to mention landing time slots, the movements at Dubai airports currently is on its limits!

DWC well I had personally had no need to travel there until the airshow, and I have to say it's painfully long journey to get there! I cant see it working.

With DXB it's close enough to everything that it works! but DWC is just so far out!!

Dubai traffic appears to be getting worse & worse.

What they need to do is build an airport in the sea next to the Palm Jumeriah that would solve all the problems

ManaAdaSystem
21st Nov 2013, 12:28
And that would help the AIRSPACE issue how?