PDA

View Full Version : Any ME airlines hiring non Airbus or Boeing rated crew

south coast
19th Nov 2013, 13:15
Anyone know if any of the big Middle Eastern airlines are hiring non rated crew?

EK don't appear to be.

Anyone know about Etihad, Qatar and Gulf Air?

Thanks

Skyjob
19th Nov 2013, 13:40
Flight Deck Opportunities- First Officers (https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/Careersonlineapps/JOB_VACANCIES/JobDetails.aspx?advno=3BF10CD1BD5A883B)

Requirements: For the position of First Officer (prior to joining):

EITHER

A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time (may include 25% P3 or FEO time to a max of 500 hr).
A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft. (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement).

OR

A minimum of 2500 hours total flying time on a modern commercial multi-engine, multi-crew aircraft jet. (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement)

AND
Must hold a valid ICAO ATPL
English langu
age fluency (written and verbal comprehension); ICAO English level (4 or above)
Type rated would be advantageous

south coast
19th Nov 2013, 14:20
Thanks Skyjob,

I have info from EK's HR dept that they are primarily focusing on crewing the 380 and are currently not considering non Airbus or Boeing rated people, even though the advert says differently.

flyer19832007
19th Nov 2013, 14:52
EK as stated, non Boeing or Airbus not a chance in the foreseeable future.

other ME carrier Yes look at the website for opportunities, suspect same as for EK with regard waiting times...

QR NO to non Boeing/Airbus rated.

FZ.... Yes. If you think it's right for you.

Gulf Air Only A320 Rated Captains.

In short.... No real opportunities at all unless you have a Boeing or Airbus rating...... Just have to wait for that pool of pilots to dry up....so I wouldn't hold your breath...... The unfortunate reality of today's industry.......

The only thing we can hope for is such a big requirement that non rated folk eventually get a look in again.

south coast
19th Nov 2013, 15:11
Thanks Flyer, that's pretty much the info I got from the various websites too, I was wondering if any anyone on the inside knew anything different.

donpizmeov
19th Nov 2013, 15:50
I believe ek is only growing its fleet by 4 aircraft next year due to retirement of older aircraft. So recruitment will be slow for a bit.

The don.