PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand Flight Crew Benefits

peeprune
19th Nov 2013, 08:50
Can someone please advise (or direct me to the link) of what the staff travel benefits are with Air New Zealand employment as flight crew?

I'm specifically wondering about family benefits if I was employed as flight crew- would my partner, children and parents benefit from stand-by/ cheap travel?

Have friends who just started with Emirates and all parents (including in inlaws) and siblings are given standby travel without having to be accompanied. Is it quite different at Air New Zealand.

Living in Europe at the moment and hoping to make the move back to NZ, but still want to keep connections open with family and friends in other parts of the world- so quite an important consideration.

Many thanks

ZKSUJ
19th Nov 2013, 08:55
I think 1 nominee and 4 buddies OR spouse and dependents. No cheap travel for parents or siblings.
Buddies must be accompanied by you or must be travelling to spend time with you (the idea is they must be holidaying or visiting you).
No free tickets until quite a few years of service.

Interline deals on standby with V Australia and Cathay. That's pretty much it

The Green Goblin
19th Nov 2013, 13:26
Flight crew benefits?

Plinty of chucks bro :D

Hobo
19th Nov 2013, 13:48
Unfortunately no interline deal with BA (plus other airlines).

DeltaT
20th Nov 2013, 07:40
'Discounted fare' is the "true cost" thanks to Fringe Benefit Tax I believe, so not ID95 for example. Nominee gets the same deal as you and can travel alone, but that Individual can't be changed more than once per year.
Buddy trips are very limited in number per year.
Very limited extended perks otherwise half of the population of New Zealand would be flying on a discount.

International Trader
20th Nov 2013, 08:08
One of the pitfalls of inbreeding!