PDA

View Full Version : Where to clock my flying hours

chris85
18th Nov 2013, 23:55
I am from singapore. planning to take my ppl and cpl at melbourne.
But after that i am worried on how and where i am going clock my hours to
join in the airlines as airlines has mimimum 1500 flying hours and you will only graduate with about 250 hours.I have always wanted to work as a pilot.

I have heard some schools in melbourne let you work and clock hours
but its not really sort of allowed but they do with some additional expenses for international students.
I have only heard of susi air in indonesia. Otherwise i am very blank. Pls let me know which school to go or where to work and clock my hours. as i want to be prepared before i even take my flying lessons.Thankshttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

wicks747
19th Nov 2013, 23:32
He we go again

deadcut
19th Nov 2013, 23:57
Have you looked into theSingapore airlines cadet ship?

Boeingdream
20th Nov 2013, 00:01
Parts of Africa, PNG and Indo all seem to take on low hour guys.
However your not going to get a job over the phone being a low hour pilot (I don't agree with it) but that's the way it works.

Best of luck.

gear up job
20th Nov 2013, 01:05
Hi Lad,

Not so sure if Oz have many places to hire a/c's for you to build 1,250hrs and if they do the prices would be insane. You may want to reconsider going to places like Canada or USA where availability of a/c's and AVgas is cheap. Case example after completing my studies in US my flying school allowed me to rent their C152 for $70 (wet) ph.

Just do alot of research and make sure you get the best value out of your investment. All the best lad.

Capt Claret
20th Nov 2013, 06:00
I don't know that 1500 self funded single engine hours would stand one in good stead, or make one competitive in the airline hiring field.

DeltaT
20th Nov 2013, 07:23
wind up alert

Tinstaafl
20th Nov 2013, 12:21
The number of pilots who build hours by renting planes is so small as to be negligible. The usual way is to find a job somewhere. Others have already mentioned some regions that can provide employment to low houred pilots. Parts of the Caribbean have also been used this way. There's more to aviation than just the airlines!

tail wheel
20th Nov 2013, 19:08
Read this thread: http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/521632-newbie-advice.html