View Full Version : Career Suggestion

FernandezLamury
18th Nov 2013, 12:25
Hello everyone, I am an Indonesian Pilot freshly graduated from one of the flight school in Daytona, FL. I currently holds a Commercial Multi-Engine License with Instrument Rating. My aim is to be able to work in a foreign airline in the middle east. I would appreciate any suggestion or comments regarding my issues. Thanks before for your help! Appreciate it! Happy Flying!

Tu.114
21st Nov 2013, 19:01
1. Check the websites of Your target company for their hours and other hiring requirements.

2. Gather these hours. In order to do so, get a job suiting Your current experience AND paying You some salary in a country You are legally allowed to reside and work in.

3. Apply to the aforementioned target company.

4. Pass their hiring tests and sign the contract.

Mach E Avelli
22nd Nov 2013, 00:07
If you are an Indonesian citizen, you should know about the local companies operating Cessna Caravans with two pilots. See www.afap.org.au (http://www.afap.org.au) about one page down for one such company's minimum requirements.

Forget all about the big middle east carriers - they have high experience requirements and are prepared to pay to get what they require from other airlines.

Forget about breaking in to the market in a developed western country where the supply of qualified local pilots ALWAYS exceeds the demand, and where they absolutely insist on resident work permits and often citizen status. Read the sticky at the top of the Canada forum for the hard truth.

Whatever your flight school told you about such opportunities, it was
bullsh!t. Start at home.