PDA

View Full Version : CAA consultation licensing and it includes Service experience

NutLoose
16th Nov 2013, 10:14
As part of my job I have been dealing with the current CAA attempts to cut red tape for work and they have a consultation period up and running until early December.

In part of it it states

There were also queries about being able to transfer military experience into credits for commercial/recreational licences. The latter is based on a misunderstanding as credits for military pilots have been agreed between the CAA and the Ministry of Defence and have been submitted to EASA as the regulations require. These terms are published in CAP 804 and will be made clearer in the revised publication.

CAP 1123: CAA response to the GA Red Tape Challenge | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5838)

Although it is angled at GA, I thought I'd put it up incase anyone wanted to read it / or comment to the CAA

BEagle
16th Nov 2013, 13:02
...credits for military pilots have been agreed between the CAA and the Ministry of Defence...

Yes, but it is the woefully inadequate scale of such credits which is the problem...:ugh: Under JAR/FCL, accreditation criteria had been secured after considerable work and were viewed as being absolutely fine; regrettably 22Gp later made a complete and utter bolleaux of retaining such hard-won credit for Part-FCL....:mad: They should hang their heads in shame!

NutLoose
16th Nov 2013, 14:06
Then use the consultancy to get that across, that is what I was trying to hint at.

Rigga
16th Nov 2013, 16:27
Absolutely correct Nutty,
- Using Consultations is a necessary method of getting your point seen/read by someone making the rules.
My bosses are reluctant to put their/the company's names into getting changes made at the consultation phase - so mine goes in as an individual.

It's the "If you don't vote you can't complain" thing again.