PDA

View Full Version : East coast weather the last week

tyler_durden_80
13th Nov 2013, 10:14
...seems to be an un-ending stream of storm cells and front after front rolling through. Have been very impressed with the high level of professionalism on display from the vast majority of the drivers out there, always willing to do what you can and understanding of the constraints we all work under, what with military airspace every-where, everyone going for the same gap in the weather, and still having a landing sequence. Thanks guys and gals, keep up the great work :ok:
TD80

Flava Saver
13th Nov 2013, 11:22
Absolutely. There is one controller out of BNE CTR, and another on BNE APP working the southern sectors out of BNE & OOL airspace the last few arvo/evenings who are extremely accommodating, and 'almost' speaking in general terms, yet being very professional. Big thanks from this driver. :ok:

tourismman
14th Nov 2013, 02:32
Brisbane was closed late this morning due to Thunderstorms for approx 30 mins.There was quite a bit of lightning associated with the cells.

maggot
14th Nov 2013, 03:45
yeah I've always found the brissie flow/app good to deal with for these kind of storm systems; I guess they've got good airspace to deal with? as opposed to some other parts of our fine, overly restricted airspace. I mean, they may use it for a little while every few days but god know they won't relinquish to civvy use! How do countries with huge armed forces and not much space manage :rolleyes::ugh::hmm:

eternity
14th Nov 2013, 16:27
A very big kudos to BN Cn for their work tonight.
Many of us were demanding headings, tracks and then diversions due fuel, lightning strikes etc.

These guys knew many of us were in the sh*t and worked damn hard to accommodate us all.

Have yourselves a vino lads. I know I am.

Eternity.

Oracle1
14th Nov 2013, 19:53
Flew a 172 into YBCG yesterday and everybody bent over backwards to help, with a big dose of patience for someone who was unfamiliar. Thanks guys it was a learning experience for me. The radio calls especially helped me out, everybody actually spoke English instead of hieroglyph. Well done Gold Coast tower.