PDA

View Full Version : EASA examiners in USA (for MEP-IR revalidation)

tume
11th Nov 2013, 04:13
I am currently located in California, validity period in my (UK CPL) MEP-IR ratings are approaching their end and I was wondering if anyone knows EASA examiners in the US who could do MEP-IR pc´s (revalidation)? I know there is at least one such british examiner in Florida (Mr. Thompson), but would rather complete this in West coast or somewhere closer.

It would be greatly appreciated if you have examiner location and contact information. (No need to post if you just want to tell something in the tune of "no need to keep these ratings current if you fly in US with your FAA cert.")

TiltedTomato
12th Jan 2014, 08:47
Hi tume,

Are you sure it is possible to revalidate an EASA IR outside the european territory?

I am 100% sure the initial IR test can only be done within Europe. I'm not sure about the revalidation.

BillieBob
12th Jan 2014, 11:22
An EASA IR can be revalidated anywhere.

If you want a UK examiner, your best and closest bet is probably to call CAE Oxford at Falcon Field, Mesa AZ - +1 480 609 3794. Failing that, it's likely to require a hike across to FL and I'm not even sure there are any examiners there these days.

flying apprentice
17th Jan 2014, 14:58
I hear EFT in Florida can do ME/IR revals too.