PDA

View Full Version : Mandala update, Bali base

casanovass
10th Nov 2013, 04:13
Hello guys,

if any of you have seen the job post for Mandala based in Bali. Its all :mad:, Bali base will never happen + you will have a bond of 7500$ from day one + no staff travel, you might be based in Jakarta which is crap.. etc etc...

Of course to start with its all shiny and gold, its actually never the way it appears at first.

This is just to give you an idea so you don't waste your time/money and come all the way to Jakarta! :ugh:

pilotchute
30th Dec 2013, 15:49
Seeing as Mandala has to hire with at least 250 hours on type what is the $7500 bond for? Please don't say for visa's and licence validation!!!

AlexanderH
30th Dec 2013, 18:10
Lol, what do you think it's for?

There are many foreign pilots getting around the 250 hour on type rule.

pilotchute
30th Dec 2013, 20:51
Alexander,

Unless you can back that statement up with some evidence i wouldn't crow too much. I posted not long ago about getting around this rule but it appears that I was wrong.

Anything with more than one engine requires 250 hours on type. No ifs, no buts.

casanovass
1st Jan 2014, 16:11
the bond basically (as they say) is because they spend quite a lot of money in SIMS (4 x 4hours each SIM session), some other stuff as well, i think its ridiculous that even so people are all current have to be bonded...

andy321
10th Jan 2014, 13:15
I've been offered a contract with TigerAir Mandala. I'd like to receive any information about lifestyle in Jakarta, rostering, company training or anything else which might affect my decision whether to join the company or not.

I'm aware of the 'bond'. Has anybody been able leave that out of the contract?
Are experienced F/O's given an upgrade opportunity, or is just nonsense?
An example roster for a F/O would be nice to see or at least have an estimate of actual block hours guys are flying. All info will be appreciated.

Danishpilot80
13th Jan 2014, 13:23
Andy321,

From where did you get contract offered. Through agency or direct with Company?

andy321
19th Jan 2014, 14:47
Hello Danishpilot,

TigerAir Mandala contract was offered through European contract agency. You can pm me for more details.