PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical - Spine problems

caywhaat
9th Nov 2013, 23:58
Hi all,

I will be having my Class 1 medical (never done it before) in a few days, and I am a bit worried about whether I will pass or not.

Basically I had a CT scan of my abdomen and they coincidentally found out I have slight spinal spondylosis. I am able to do all sorts of activities as a normal person but sometimes I would experience some lower back pain from prolonged exercise or walking.. I was wondering if this will disqualify me for a class 1 medical?

Radgirl
16th Nov 2013, 17:24
Not if it doesn't effect your chest / lungs and you have no motor weakness in your legs

They will be interested in why you had a CT in the first place.......

Daysleeper
16th Nov 2013, 18:02
It rather depends. In EASA land you really will need to talk to your aviation regulator and consider how they interpret Part-Med

AMC1 MED.B.050 Musculoskeletal system

An applicant with inflammatory, infiltrative, traumatic or degenerative disease of the musculoskeletal system may be assessed as fit provided the condition is in remission and the applicant is taking no disqualifying medication and has satisfactorily completed a medical flight or simulator flight test. A limitation to specified aircraft type(s) may be required.