PDA

View Full Version : FS Atlanta, Wichita or Tucson?

Lime Rock
9th Nov 2013, 12:08
Hi.
I am going for a Lear 45XR rating with Flight Safety and have the option to go to either Atlanta, Wichita or Tucson.
I have trained at the Wichita facility earlier but wonder if anyone of you can give me some inputs to the other places?

I take it the training is as good at all the facilities but what about accommodations (kind of a Night Stop post)– can you recommend any specific hotels?
Any good restaurants in the area that one should visit? Cinemas or malls in the vicinity worth checking out?

It is a rather generic question but I hope you get the gist of it.

Thanks in advance,

LR

A Pandy
12th Nov 2013, 19:19
I have been training at these facilities for over 15 years. If I were to chose one over the other then I would recommend Tucson.
This is a purely personal opinion.

northbynorthwest
12th Nov 2013, 20:38
I work at the Delta HQ right next to FS ATL, so very familiar with area. Lots of restaurants right there. Several BBQ places, such as Malone's within spitting distance. In a strip mall right across Virginia Ave from FS is an excellent coffee shop, Joffreys, run by a woman from London. Also a very good Thai restaurant, Thai Heaven, and the Landmark Diner, which sells enormous portions and very good desserts. Maybe a mile west, along Virginia Avenue, is the Manchester Arms, which despite its name is an excellent pub with great food. Has Boddingtons on tap and the fish and chips are to die for. Love going there, but it closes early - 10pm and they are shutting up shop. Closed on Sundays. Walking from FS along Virginia Ave gets a little sketchy when you cross to the west side of the freeway towards the Manchester Arms. All sorts of hotels within walking distance of FS with all sorts of rates. Would definitely not go any further west of the freeway than the Crown Plaza. Malls/things to do - .get hotel shuttle to ATL and then take the MARTA train service into downtown ATL from the domestic terminal building. If you want movies and shopping malls, then Buckhead, north of city center, is served by MARTA train direct from the airport. Hope this all helps.

ksjc
12th Nov 2013, 21:07
FSI Tucson! Stay at the University Marriott on the Univ Arizona campus. Need I say more? Oh, and the weather nearly always beautiful too.

Springbok614
14th Nov 2013, 13:50
Depends where you are from etc. From Africa I preferred Atlanta for the least airline travel there and lots of hotels within walking distance from
sim. Wichita potentially more fun during right season and with own transport.

Lime Rock
14th Nov 2013, 18:08
Highly appreciated inputs.