PDA

View Full Version : Aviation information resource centre

8th Nov 2013, 02:54
So CASA have setup a web site.

A new on-line aviation information resource centre has been set up to help people with questions or issues related to Australian air travel and aviation operations.

The resource centre covers eight areas of aviation operations of most interest to air travellers and the general public.

The areas covered are:

Aircraft noise
Airline customer service
Aviation security
Airport curfews
Aviation accidents and incidents
Military flying activities
Aviation safety
Low flying aircraft

I read the spin from Gibson and thought great. A site where the SLF could find out how, when and why aviation is a safe, efficiency and user-friendly means of transport. I thought there may be a "help" section and that the public would be able to "engage" with the industry in an educative way.

So what do they call the site?

AVIATION COMPLAINTS
Aviation Complaints (http://www.aviationcomplaints.gov.au/)

Great start:ugh:

Paragraph377
8th Nov 2013, 03:02
I didn't see the CAsA logo on the complaints list? It should be there.
Is this CAsA's way of embracing 'media'? A complaints site about everything aviation, except them of course! Hilarious.
Perhaps they are using Sky Sentinel to manage the complaints and data?

VH-FTS
8th Nov 2013, 03:03
It's hardly a resource, merely a tool to reduce their workload by redirecting people to other organisations' websites. If this resource took them any more than a day to set up there has been a utter waste of taxpayer funds.

megle2
8th Nov 2013, 03:05
They missed including the most important box, complaints about casa

9th Nov 2013, 03:45
They missed including the most important box, complaints about cas

Maybe if we complain about CASA on the other links, they may complain to CASA that there is no link to CASA on the site and CASA should jump to it ASAP.

As the site has morphed into a complaints site instead a site containing the wisdom for the SLF, it requires the ability to give feedback, good and bad, from the SLF.