PDA

View Full Version : Experiences of TAG Ground Training at FAB?

Tray Surfer
7th Nov 2013, 20:49
You are all going to be sick of me soon... Sorry...

I have spent the last couple of days looking over available training in the market for cabin crew within the private/corporate world. A lot of what I have found is based in the US, and of course caters to requirements of the different operation types within the US.

I have found training to be limited within Europe, and what there is, expensive.
I know, and fully appreciate, that when I make the move to your world and leave my scheduled/commercial life behind, my "role" onboard changes. I no longer place the safety related role at the top of my skills like, but at the bottom after my service, food and organisation skills. I also know that the some operators won't be bothered if you have any formal safety training or not, and won't pay for it. The occasional company may prefer it, look for it within applicants and even pay/put towards it. However I am not counting on that being the case.

After some communication with TAG at FAB, I have been looking at their information they have sent and have been rather impressed with the content, and the cost, of a 7 day "Initial" course covering a little bit of everything. Very similar to what I have done within my current airline, just attested by a different body. My BA training in terms of safety/fire fighting/medical/security won't mean anything outside BA.

So, after all that typing... What is the general feeling about TAG Ground Training? Anyone have experience of them?

Sorry again for all the questions.

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Nov 2013, 03:44
Not certain as to the quality of the training.

I did look at one or two course, but never followed this up.

I suspect the project started as a central training facility for TAG, and they considered extending to earn a few cents.

Any feed back, before post deleted again...LOL...

glf

Arkwright
8th Nov 2013, 04:44
Working for different operators, I've used TAG training on and off for quite a few years now. By far the best provider of ground training I've experienced. A motivated and competent team makes normally boring recurrent training enjoyable!

Tray Surfer
8th Nov 2013, 09:21
Thank you for the replies.

I had a PM from someone with a contact for another training provider, but they are more expensive and location wise, FAB works a lot better.

I appreciate the input.

TS