PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Regional engine failure and emergency declared

Jack1985
5th Nov 2013, 18:46
Just received a text that an Aer Lingus Regional ATR has declared emergency and made a successful emergency landing with engine failure in Liverpool can anyone confirm? Aircraft being evacuated apparently, no details on flight or aircraft.

Flight is REA327M and the aircraft is EI-REL

spottilludrop
5th Nov 2013, 19:18
Not heard anything but quite beside myself with excitment at the prospect of hearing the whole thrilling story unfold, be sure to keep us posted.:eek:

familyhelpdesk
8th Nov 2013, 22:36
I was on that flight. The port engine failed almost immediately after take-off.
The flight attendant sat forward came rushing past to the rear of the plane to fetch an engineer. She was looking very worried (!). The actual situation was rather uneventful to be honest. There were some interesting ironies. Just after the attendant and the engineer had gone forward, it was announced that we were on our way to Dublin. Yeah right! The engineers on the plane were cadging a lift home from having been over fixing another technical fault. Aw shucks! and finally, the landing at Speke was one of the smoothest I've ever experienced!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
9th Nov 2013, 07:10
So its gone from an emergency landing at Liverpool... to a smooth flight and landing at Dublin. Emergency?

DaveReidUK
9th Nov 2013, 07:49
So its gone from an emergency landing at Liverpool... to a smooth flight and landing at Dublin.It doesn't read like that to me - see post immediately before yours:

the landing at Speke was one of the smoothest I've ever experienced!

familyhelpdesk
9th Nov 2013, 15:50
To be clear, we did land at Liverpool and had all the razzamatazz of the fire service, who wouldn't let us off the plane until they we sure we were safe, then we "evacuated" using the normal disembarkation methods - sorry no slides or chutes.