PDA

View Full Version : 115 Sqn Association

brokenlink
3rd Nov 2013, 18:30
Does anyone have a current poc for 115 Sqn Association please. The one showing up on t'internet as a Shropshire number is coming back as Unobtainable.
Info needed in respect of Remembrance Sunday.

Many thanks,

BL.

rolling20
4th Nov 2013, 09:08
Sorry don't have a contact for them. I spent a very enjoyable week flying in their Andovers at Brize in July 82 as a UAS student on attachment. Visited Shawbury, Stornoway, Machrihanish,over nighted at Lossie. It was a fantastic week and I never got to thank them for it as I was chopped soon after. Only name I can remember was Flt Lt Richard Head as our CFI was on Hercs with him. One captain was from Northern Ireland, one Co pilot was recently over from Vulcans and looked younger than me! I was also allowed a hands on downwind and base turn by one Co! Couple of others who were very kind to me in the crew room. If any of you are on here, a belated big thank you,it was a fantastic experience!

Rocket2
4th Nov 2013, 09:32
If Carling selected members for an RAF Squadron, they'd have made 115, I can honestly say that my stay (5 years as mortal groundcrew right up to the demise of the Andovers) was the best & most rewarding tour I ever had in 27 years. So many happy memories with fantastic aircrew & bosses :ok:

just another jocky
4th Nov 2013, 17:02
Have you tried contacting the current 115(R) Sqn at Cranwell? I'm sure someone there will know the answer.

Basil
4th Nov 2013, 21:12
brokenlink, Check your PMs :ok:(I hope)