PDA

View Full Version : Multiple intercoms

blacksmith
3rd Nov 2013, 05:26
Hi Guys

Using a stock standard 6 place GA single eg C210 or PA32 with built in pilot and front pax intercom. Taking a full load of bodies, can I set up an intercom option for everyone using some like this (http://www.clearprop.com.au/pilot-avionics-pa200-22.html). Obviously would need to daisy chain this with a 2 place version as well to handle everyone. Only left hand seat will be on the radio so really just wanting intercom functionality for the rest. Anyone done something like this?

YPJT
3rd Nov 2013, 05:35
I have had reasonable success in a four seater hooking a portable 4 place intercom into the RH audio sockets. Generally the audio wasn't as good but that is with an old pice of kit bought more than 10 yrs ago. I am guessing the newer stuff works a lot better.
I'm pretty sure mine is also a Pilot Avionics also but all four stations are in the one unit

There are 4 place units from the same supplier.

VH-XXX
3rd Nov 2013, 09:04
I wouldn't buy it from that shop, I read recently that someone waited ages and hadn't heard from them or seen anything. When they rang the "shop" some kid answered and didn't know anything about it.

PS if anyone has one of those portable (Flightcom or similar) 4 place intercoms they don't need please let me know because I want to buy one.

Horatio Leafblower
3rd Nov 2013, 09:09
Not that you have a personal grudge against the owner or anything!!!

VH-XXX
3rd Nov 2013, 09:49
It was posted on the site a few weeks back, I took a screen capture because it was funny because whoever wrote it didn't know the the forum was owned by the shop owner :-)