PDA

View Full Version : aviation careers show

liverbird
11th Nov 2001, 07:15
who went to the big or little aviation careers show in london on the 10th of november, if so how was it......... :eek:

JB007
11th Nov 2001, 13:53
Yep!

I've seen it when it was alot bigger but there was more training organisations in business then - all in all, well worth it!

From a social point of view it was fantastic.. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

charles_auty
11th Nov 2001, 15:10
Yep! I had a great time too. Lectures were very informative - if frank! It's nice to see that the training organisations are still positive about the future. CAA were there which was good - actually asking those questions about license conversions face to face helped a lot! GAPAN were as always extremely useful and generally a nice bunch. Met up with a load of like minded people and enjoyed it - thanks Flyer for organising it, and the sponsors for funding it - PPrune included.

Cheers

Murray_NN
11th Nov 2001, 16:06
I was there too.
Danny and Pjdj gave a very informative talk on how they went on and gained their licences. Shame WWW missed the occasion.

Overall a very good gathering to bolster the downed mood in aviation. Mr Moxham X Oats advisor, was very good too...

gazelle507
13th Nov 2001, 00:22
When I was considering going to the Flight Training Exhibition last Saturday, my initial thoughts were it would be a waste of time. I am now very pleased to say that having gone I was amazed at the support it recieved. All of the established training providers were there and also affiliated company's such as GAPAN, some of the Universities offering related courses etc. The main thing was, the turnout by potential students. In this very worrying time, I believe they need the confidence and seeing the training providers, talking to them eleviated a lot of their worries.(well done Alex and Dick and all the others to numerous to mention)
There was however a noticable absense of one or two training providers and of course to the detrement not only to the potential recruiting of new students, but the detrement of their own students, who were there for, well I suppose you could call it phsycological support.(maybe these providers are feeling so secure that they feel they don't need to attend such trivial events??). Hopefully these company's will attend next year, if they are still in business that is?? Sorry about the dig, its not aimed at anyone, just a general observation.
I had a wonderful time there, thank you sponsors

redsnail
13th Nov 2001, 01:17
Yup I went. I thought it was pretty good. Some very useful stuff at the seminars. Not really directed at what I need at this point in time but that's not their fault.
The post seminar/conference session in the local was fantastic ;)
If you haven't thought about the Gatbash, I certainly would do so. :D

PPRuNe Dispatcher
13th Nov 2001, 23:27
From my own point of view as a PPRuNe administrator manning the stand it was very good indeed. We had a lot of interest from Wannabes, most of the other exhibitors came up and chatted to us and PPRuNe provided more speakers than anyone else.

As reddo says the post seminar/conference minibash was brilliant although for some reason I had a bit of a sore head the next morning...

--Mik

Stacksey
14th Nov 2001, 21:02
I went the show after seeing an advert by accident on the Monday before, as I was in London for the weekend anyway I thought, "why not?"
It turned out to be a possibly life changing decision :eek:
I had been considering looking into a career in aviation atfer recently passing my PPL but it was only by going to the exhibition that got a firm grip on what I needed to do.
Thanks to all the entusiastic people there I'm now activly looking into doing a Modular route to ATPL.
Thanks to all for the encouragement and the effort that must have been put into the show, you got one convert for a start and I even found out about the website from there.... :)