PDA

View Full Version : Job opportunities and Career Path

airdream
2nd Nov 2013, 04:30
I have just graduated with a bachelor degree in Canada and becoming a commercial pilot has always been my childhood dream. I want to apply for a PPL and CPL course at Flight Training Adelaide (FTA) and this course will last around 12 to 18 months. Currently, I am 23 years old and hold a canadian and portuguese passport. In the near future, working in canada or in europe would not be too difficult for mebecause i don't have to apply for any working VISAs.

There are a few questions that I want to ask and hope I can get some feedbacks from my dear pilot fellows.

After obtaining my CPL, would it be hard to find a job at an airline. I know there are requirements to apply for commercial pilot and I need to get my ATPL and ME CIR. Where and how would be the cheapest place to build my flight hours and get my ATPL and ME CIR?

My second question is while Cathay Pacific do offer an advanced entry and transition training program, how do I get into those programs? Is it enough to qualify into these 2 programs with CPL. I have read previous comments that living in Hong Kong could be a big problem, however I actually don't mind living in Hong Kong and I want to stay in Hong Kong.

Thanks!

Looking foward to hear back from you guys.