PDA

View Full Version : Apache helicopters over London 1/11/2013

777fly
2nd Nov 2013, 00:41
Just curious: why might two Apache helicopter gunships be flying southbound at low altitude near Kingston on Thames this afternoon?

NutLoose
2nd Nov 2013, 02:20
Hopefully trick or treating over Westminster and Downing Street.

AGS Man
2nd Nov 2013, 03:45
Maybe Harry needed a lift somewhere

ROTORTREE
2nd Nov 2013, 06:28
I don't know if it still is but used to be a low level exit point from the London Heli Lanes. If you cant fly around London fly through it. Just hope the Fun Police don't check up on them though:ok:

Always a Sapper
2nd Nov 2013, 12:03
Just doing a wee bit of MACA chasing down a knicked Nova for the MET after their helo went tech... Just wait for the headlines and the beancounters to kick off at the bill for the two Hellfires they used to stop it.... :E

ShyTorque
2nd Nov 2013, 12:25
If you fly an Apache, you fly where the hell you like...... :E

charliegolf
2nd Nov 2013, 13:20
While we're not on the subject; and if it's not a super secret- how fast do they cruise?

I enjoyed watching 2 the other day VERY SLOWLY overtake me (I was in the car) and take a while to go out of sight. I was estimating 90 knots?

Perhaps they just weren't in a rush.

CG

ROTORTREE
2nd Nov 2013, 13:21
It would definitely give some of the feeving toe rhags something to think about next time they do a runner. Not quite your average Bell eye in the sky!!!
"Shall we send the dogs in Bob"
"Nah I have a little surprise up my sleeve"
:eek:

ROTORTREE
2nd Nov 2013, 13:24
Green Whinge
That means you were speeding you old fool. How is my fellow star of tomorrows world survival????:8

Geezers of Nazareth
3rd Nov 2013, 18:13
'Fireblade flight', NAVEX from/to Wattisham via the London heli-lanes.

Shhh, don't tell anybody!

(what does 'beadwindow' mean?)