PDA

View Full Version : It isn't what you know..

Al R
1st Nov 2013, 15:09
.. but who you know (or what you know about who you know?).

Anyway, good initiative - who needs LinkedIn anyway?

BBC News - Phone-hacking trial: Prince Harry message 'was hacked' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24775846)

.. a voicemail message Prince Harry left on the mobile phone of Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, an ex-SAS man serving as his private secretary. "Just wondering if you have any info at all on siege on the Iranian embassy because I need to write an essay quite quickly on that. I need some inf. Have most of the stuff but if you have extra."

gijoe
1st Nov 2013, 17:43
It is called using one's initiative - good effort!!

G

smujsmith
1st Nov 2013, 20:22
It seems many ( in the press) have the knives out for this young man. What I see is him making a serious effort at getting good results, and using the resources available to him. Unlike many of his predecessors Harry at least tries to earn his position, in the past it was often "assumed" as I see. Good on him, and William too, media obsession must be a real PITA.

Smudge

500N
1st Nov 2013, 20:30
Agree that the press overall try to bring this man down.

Also very sensible to ask JLP about it.

racedo
1st Nov 2013, 21:18
A complete and total disgrace...........................heads should roll.

How was he allowed to use the phone.....................isn't ones batman assigned to that role.

Laarbruch72
1st Nov 2013, 21:33
Unlike many of his predecessors Harry at least tries to earn his position

Which of his predecessors do you refer to Smudge? His dad is very hard working, always has been. Or are you inferring that working in the military is the only way to earn one's position in a Royal family?

smujsmith
1st Nov 2013, 22:16
Laarbruch,

Not in the least, my reference to predecessors refers simply to the fact that many years ago, our hereditary monarch was automatically accepted at the top of the tree, regardless of "experience". The fact that not only William and Harry both entered the services, but their father, Grandfather and Grandmother is telling of the family ethic of service, and rightly respected. I'm no critic of the royals, I merely suggest that "in days of old".

Smudge