PDA

View Full Version : interview prep for CTC/OAA

Dilan12345
30th Oct 2013, 14:20
I have made my mind up and i am going to be applying to one of these schools to pursue my piloting career.

I wanted to know if anybody has applied to these schools and has had an interview with either of them and can help me out with a few things.

I'm a bit worried on the technical side of the interview. To what extent will they ask me technical questions and what should i need to know about the aviation industry. some examples will be very helpful.

eca04sap
30th Oct 2013, 14:28
Save some money and do with a modular school where it will cost nearly half the price! Don't get caught in the trap of these 'big schools' advertisements unless you have a cadet offer with an airline that uses one of the big schools IMO

Good luck:ok:

EZY_FR
30th Oct 2013, 16:20
Hi mate,
I havent been through the selection process for either of these schools, but I do know someone who went through Oxford and gave me the lowdown.First things first, I would not worry about the technical side of things as you are in a position where you do not have any flight experience so you will not be expected to do know a great deal about it. Having said that, I would have a brief look as to what makes aircraft fly, how engines work, etc, just in case.Hopefully someone else here who has been through the process can confirm this.
These flight schools are more interested in your personality and how well rounded you are as a person, so when it comes to the interview they will ask you for examples of times when you showed e.g. leadership, teamwork, decision making etc. You can prepare for these things quite easily by thinking of life events that can be used to prove the traits that they look for.
Good luck!

Morris542
31st Oct 2013, 10:06
Can you afford to pay £100,000?

That's the only question that you need to think about in any great detail.

momo95
31st Oct 2013, 10:32
I suspect you're just applying for the normal integrated schemes.
I hope you're aware that you're taking a very big risk. Oaa have hundreds of ex students currently twiddling their thumbs while their family is baring the brunt with regards to loan repayments cos their son/daughter still hasn't got a job.
The above probably doesn't apply if you're willing to fork out an extra 30k or so for a tr, but even that doesn't gaurantee you a job.
I once attended an oaa open day and was delighted to see they'd placed 175 students with ryanair that year ... Only to discover that over 400 graduated that year.
I cant really comment on ctc as i dont know too much, but from what ive heard their wings scheme really boosts your employment chances.
Good luck though :) Youre gonna need alot of it.

P.s. I realise i've deviated from what you asked but i just feel the above points have to be emphasised to all ppl considering a normal integrated scheme.

EZY_FR
31st Oct 2013, 11:02
momo95

Couldn't agree more.