PDA

View Full Version : Liz Inwood

al_renko
26th Oct 2013, 17:49
ELIZABETH RACHEL INWOOD (From The Oxford Times) (http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/announcements/deaths/deaths/10758989.ELIZABETH_RACHEL_INWOOD/)

Sorry to hear this news.

A and C
26th Oct 2013, 22:24
What sad news, I did not know Liz very well but all the dealings with her were always very professional.

I am very sorry to hear of her passing.

500 above
27th Oct 2013, 08:15
Awful news. She will be missed.

TC_LTN
27th Oct 2013, 20:08
Those of us that frequented Kidlington in the late '80s will remember Liz along with Pete Thorn at GAC. I will always remember Liz for her enthusiasm, kindness and professionalism. We need nice people in GA and I think Liz was one of the nicest. RIP.

max roll rate
28th Oct 2013, 09:19
Sorry to hear this news I worked with Liz at Oxford and she did some of my PPL training , lovely lady :-(

HAL-26
28th Oct 2013, 14:46
Very sad news. I visited her in hospital just before her final departure and despite her illness, she was still as enthusiastic as ever about talking flying. She'll be missed.

FlyingFinancier
28th Oct 2013, 20:02
Very sad to hear this news - I had several flying adventures with Liz over nearly 20 years and she always had a lot of style.

London Flyer
29th Oct 2013, 07:14
This lady sent me solo. Fond memories of our summer in Jerez and subsequent flying adventures in the UK.

A fine aviatrix and friend who will be missed.

markflyer6580
3rd Nov 2013, 22:28
Liz was a lovely lady and fantastic pilot. I have her signature on my license,my flight test was quite an event but she kindly passed me and anytime thereafter I gave her a lift back to kidlington from Humberside she would take great pleasure in chopping the power and shouting engine failure if it looked like I was too relaxed!
Brilliant company,RIP Liz.

porridge
6th Nov 2013, 08:32
Very sad to hear of her passing - we always had a good laugh together. Hope she has better phone reception where she is now! :)

Bahn-Jeaux
7th Nov 2013, 20:28
Sorry to hear this....did ground school with Liz at Humberside Soloflight before the fallout with Mel.
RIP Liz.....

telis
26th Apr 2014, 09:24
We shared lots of flights and laughs together in 2000.
She sent me solo and I feel thankful for her art cards.
Her personality and kindness and above all flying skills
are exemplary.
I would like to share with you a joke so typical of hers
which took place in the operations room after a flight
of ours. I filled the log information and by mistake put
take off:1 and landings:0.... So she looked at me and
very surpsised said " I don't believe it, you are still up
there."
Liz you are a great person!